Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Spax coilovers

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

Fernandez

Gold Member
Looking at my next mod and in two minds which to go for:

Option 1

Fit my V6 airbox and get a remap. This will require the battery to be relocated to the boot. Rough cost for this mod are:

• £130 - Red Top battery (or Odyssey) and bracket
  • £100 - Relocation of Battery into boot
  • £350 - Custom Remap

Option 2

Get some Spax coilovers, which I can fit myself. Cost for this mod.

• £650 - Complete Spax coilover kit inc delivery.

You will need to add alignment cost to the suspension set up to ensure its as it should be .

If I had the Spax and V6 air box in front of me and had to fit one, it would be the V6 air box.

Suppose it depends whats higher up your list, lowering or added performance..

I'm going to RS tuning in the morning, I have a large foam cone filter and and a v6 box to see which is best on the rollers, I've also got a de-silenced milletek like you so I'd hold out on the v6 box till I get some results......

If I had the Spax and V6 air box in front of me and had to fit one, it would be the V6 air box.

Suppose it depends whats higher up your list, lowering or added performance..

The cars lowered anyway so I'd be doing it for handling reasons as opposed to looks.

I've got something else lined up performance wise so just looking at the best use of the money.

I'm going to RS tuning in the morning, I have a large foam cone filter and and a v6 box to see which is best on the rollers, I've also got a de-silenced milletek like you so I'd hold out on the v6 box till I get some results......

Now that will be interesting, guessing you will be keeping the best one on so I can see it at "how fast" :thumbsup:

You having a remap too?

Now that will be interesting, guessing you will be keeping the best one on so I can see it at "how fast" :thumbsup:

You having a remap too?

Yeah getting it mapped as well, car made 191 last time I had it mapped so hopefully I'm the same or more as the noise is so good!

i would go with the collies, as you will gain alot more with perfctly setup suspension then say 10bhp+ on the airbox+remap

The original is very good suspension. I changed (I installed spax rsx) because I started to show fatigue. My original shocks had 84,000 km.

If your suspension is fine. My advice is to mount the V6-Box and remap.

I went for coilovers, I believe you will notice a bigger difference if you had coilovers than a v6 box set up, I don't have either that's purely based on what I've read on here!

Similar Thread Suggestions