oil

Im bit of a "noob" when it comes to engines at the moment what the best oil as going to do change is there a difference in brands or should i stick to elf? many thanks

moved :innocent:

have a search mate..lots of threads about this topic...i went with shell and before that motul...

5w40 is the oil type you need.

elf is recommend by renault but there are plenty of other brands available. I used Fuchs Titan pro race on my 197, noticed an improvement from elf oil I had in it previously.

Opinion is a bit divided on this like tyres. Most recommend a fully synthetic oil like Fuchs or Millers. Others Elf or other semisynthetic oil. A lot of people recommend changing oil every 6000 miles. I tried Fuchs titan pro s for the last oil change and found no difference over elf. Car still used a bit of oil during a hard day on track. Think I may still stick with Fuchs as I like my car to get the best. [MENTION=205]oilman[/MENTION] is the guy to speak too.

Danmar, you want a pure PAO and Ester based fully synthetic 5w40 oil. Not just a 'fully synthetic' (which can have hydro cracked base oil used), make sure it's PAO Ester based. I've always used Silkolene Pro S, now branded Fuchs Titan Race Pro S. It's ACEA A3/B3 approved which are the classifications for high performance and/or extended drain.

Currently available from Opie Oils for £51.74 for five litres when using a forum discount code (10% off). The current deal is that you get a litre free as well. Good for top ups. A great value bundle if you ask me.

I used CarLube 5w-40, perfect.

Put the car in for service, Elf Evo 5w-40, can hear tappets.

Have nanodrive to put in - in the next 6 months, will let you know if you need more advice then.

I used CarLube 5w-40, perfect.

Put the car in for service, Elf Evo 5w-40, can hear tappets.

Have nanodrive to put in - in the next 6 months, will let you know if you need more advice then.
Big difference ($$) between Carlube and Miller Nanodrive though, what made you move away from Carlube?

What you mean you can hear Tappets ?
The engine sounds more 'tappy' on the top end i.e. noisier.

I did an oil change last night and went for Shell Helix Ultra (get it when ECP have a sale on). You can get 5ltr Elf and gen filter for around £25-£30 on the bay of e. Oil is personal preference as long as you stick to the correct grade you cant go massively wrong i dont think.

Big difference ($$) between Carlube and Miller Nanodrive though, what made you move away from Carlube?

The engine sounds more 'tappy' on the top end i.e. noisier.

I did an oil change last night and went for Shell Helix Ultra (get it when ECP have a sale on). You can get 5ltr Elf and gen filter for around £25-£30 on the bay of e. Oil is personal preference as long as you stick to the correct grade you cant go massively wrong i dont think.
Carlube was fine for my car but wanted to try something that someone claimed more advanced. I'm now on my 2nd lot of nanodrive after feeling the engine running like butter. Carlube is good but nanodrive is great.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk