Oreca System

I was thinking about getting an oreca system for my 197 F1. I currently have a milltek, how much louder will the oreca be?

I used to have a KTEC catback with decat, which had a really bad flat spot, would the oreca have a flatspot?

finally, I am aware that the oreca only has 1 exit, would it fit a 200 diffuser if I fitted one to cover this up

thanks

I had the precautions on my 197 and if I got another 197 it would get an precautions to, though remember the precautions system is manifold back so make sure you either still have the previous cat or you fit a sport cat like I did (I had a toyosport manifold) and a sport cat will make it louder as it fits into the space taken by the oreca systems mini silencer. But it sound nice to me, better than the milltek in my opinion. As for the single exit thing I'm not sure but I'd think it would fit the 200 diffuser though I liked the single exit. The twin exhaust was pointless and it irritated me.
I didn't notice a great deal performance wise after fitting, give it a few miles and it felt the same until I took it to rstuning and got it remapped, it was a lot more keen and eager to get going after that.
Though if you do get the precautions system get yourself decent exhaust clamps as the one's it came with were rubbish (crappy U bolt style ones).

I had the precautions on my 197 and if I got another 197 it would get an precautions to, though remember the precautions system is manifold back so make sure you either still have the previous cat or you fit a sport cat like I did (I had a toyosport manifold) and a sport cat will make it louder as it fits into the space taken by the oreca systems mini silencer. But it sound nice to me, better than the milltek in my opinion. As for the single exit thing I'm not sure but I'd think it would fit the 200 diffuser though I liked the single exit. The twin exhaust was pointless and it irritated me.
I didn't notice a great deal performance wise after fitting, give it a few miles and it felt the same until I took it to rstuning and got it remapped, it was a lot more keen and eager to get going after that.
Though if you do get the precautions system get yourself decent exhaust clamps as the one's it came with were rubbish (crappy U bolt style ones).
Precautions ? Auto correct ?

i do fancy something like the oreca system which will be louder than my resonated milltek cat back which isn't as loud as i want (used to have a decated KTEC cat back which was perfect apart from the deadfull flat spot). I considered replacing the resonated mid pipe with a milltek non-res pipe. but would this give a flat spot? I cant get it remapped as there are very few good places in northern Ireland and don't want to travel to leeds to get it done properly so what exhaust would be best without a remap

thanks

Well mine seemed happy enough before the remap but before he started tweaking it the rollers only said it made 149, my oreca system with a sport cat and toyosport manifold made 190 after the remap. I wouldn't bother changing the exhaust system if I wasn't getting it remapped.

Last edited: