Pav's Albi Blue 197T

so bit the bullet and got this as well..will try to fit it tmr as i failed today..to get the metal collar off the arm proved to be a bit of a challenge :swear:

P_20160301_183142_1_p.jpg
P_20160301_183215_1_p.jpg

Last edited:
Had to put the arm in a vice when I did mine and hammer + chisel the metal collar off :smile: took some aggression but came off eventually

well i didnt expect so much resistance!!looks like we will have put some muscles in work :rofl:

Fitted mine last month. Big difference, glad I did now! Love the car dude and the videos! Given me ideas for my own Albi blue.

I loosened off the engine bolt, tried to get the cap off, no luck, tightened it back up again so it wouldn't move then used a screw driver to pop the cap off, then unbolted it from the engine and put the new bush in without removing the whole link.

I did did the same and did the middle box delete but after a while found it a bit annoying and swapped it back and decatted it instead.

thanks..mine is on solid..snapped 2 screwdrivers!!looks like its coming off tmr and i will do it while removed from the car..
my centre silencer had to go due to faulty baffles..with a standard back box it doesnt sound nice to me but with any after market one its awesome..

today has been more successful i have to say..as we all know, preparation is everything..so got some chisels from my local superstore (poundland) :d
1.removed wipers,scuttle panel to get to the bolt holding the arm in place..
2. the arm came off next
3.then the chisel time..was surprised how easy once removed from the car..a few whacks and the collar came off
4.very happy me :giggle:
5.took the old rubber out and replaced it with our yellow/purple powerflex insert
6.applied some silicon that powerflex had provided
7.re-fitted all and happy days

drives great..literally there is no increase in vibrations but gear change and coming on/off the throttle is now so pleasant..really dont know how else to describe it....it just feels very compact now..well put together..
so for all of you out there thinking of an upgrade for your car,this is a very easy/cheap alternative ...

upper torque arm insert,gearbox bush and lower engine insert make sense and they will make your car drive 100% better...
enough praising..not everyone may be this enthusiastic...some pics..

fyi-dont work for powerflex :wink:

P_20160302_164336_1_p.jpg
P_20160302_164348_1_p.jpg
P_20160302_164412_1_p.jpg
P_20160302_165609_1_p.jpg
P_20160302_165617_1_p.jpg
P_20160302_165625_p.jpg
P_20160302_170645_1_p.jpg
P_20160302_170653_1_p.jpg
P_20160302_172127_1_p.jpg
P_20160302_172135_p.jpg
P_20160302_172141_1_p.jpg

and again-thanks for watching

Last edited:
drives great..literally there is no increase in vibrations but gear change and coming on/off the throttle is now so pleasant..really dont know how else to describe it....it just feels very compact now..well put together..
so for all of you out there thinking of an upgrade for your car,this is a very easy/cheap alternative ...

upper torque arm insert,gearbox bush and lower engine insert make sense and they will make your car drive 100% better...

Completely agree :smile: it's hard to word/explain how it's different/better, it just is! Coming on/off the throttle I think is the place you feel the most benefit.

Completely agree :smile: it's hard to word/explain how it's different/better, it just is! Coming on/off the throttle I think is the place you feel the most benefit.
spot on..only if i knew this sooner,it would have been my first thing to replace...glad im not the only one experiencing it..

Looking good!!! Can't wait to see her in the flesh!
thanks boys...she is being looked after..next remap or colies and im done with upgrades :innocent:

Great stuff mate, these little upgrades are coming thick and fast! Good review of the differences the mounts have made.

It will be good to see the witch again soon :wink:

Great stuff mate, these little upgrades are coming thick and fast! Good review of the differences the mounts have made.

It will be good to see the witch again soon :wink:
dont mess about me (as my my mate says) :biggrin:
will be nice to see you again..not long to go now...

Glad you got sorted with the dog bone mount, Now ive driven mine with it upgraded I want to order the gear box and probably lower mount too to see the difference they make.