Pav's Albi Blue 197T

No worries, I'll probably still have it in the new year anyway. And you're right to not rush into it, I did and ended up spending more than I needed to.

Reactions: Pav
Thought I'd try to do a bit of work on my car myself..
Spark plugs changed and the car didn't blow up so all good..have to say that it is an easy job to do yourself so save yourself some money and diy..the only problem I hit was oil in one of the holes..this was caused by the leak from the manifold bolts..had to drain a decent amount of oil to change the plug..but all good
Thanks

Reactions: sevenfourate
thanks Sean..i will have to have a very deep think about it..not an easy thing to decide on when you dont earn a lot..leave it with me..if i decide to go for this it wont be happening this year anyway..gotta wait what my funds are like after xmas..

and yes Chris..why not..its becoming more and more popular..the niggles with these conversions have more or less gone and if you let a reputable company do it,then there's no risk really..my only issue is the money obviously..i have to be able to afford it..im not doing anything stupid and wont rush into something that will never be finished due to lack of cash...

Sorry Pav, but I have to ask, will the Meg engine get carbon wrapped?!!!

Reactions: Chris
Good job Pav.

What you going to do about the oil 'leak' ? (Or have you already done it)
the oil leak had been sorted..just used some high temp silicone to seal the gap off..there are a few bolts around the plugs,,there is one under the MAP sensor which i cant get to but will ask my mechanic,what we can do..
SO FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE WITH OIL LEAK,MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THIS LOOKED AT!!
my spark plug was literally floating in engine oil..just a matter of time before some of the oil leaks into a cylinder..

Reactions: sevenfourate
P_20161022_153814_1_p.jpg P_20161022_153823_1_p.jpg P_20161022_153832_1_p.jpg P_20161022_154931_1_p.jpg P_20161022_154939_p.jpg P_20161022_154950_1_p.jpg ok..another treatment for the clio..gearbox oil changed..really easy and didnt take more than 30 mins..recommend to do this guys..the gear change is much smoother now and it just feels much better..no metal bits in the old oil either so thats reassuring..
very happy overall :thumb:

P_20161022_153814_1_p.jpg P_20161022_153823_1_p.jpg P_20161022_153832_1_p.jpg P_20161022_154931_1_p.jpg P_20161022_154939_p.jpg

as always thanks

Last edited:
Good work Pav, you're properly on a roll with all this DIY stuff mate! I assume the French video was a big help in doing this?

sure it was..gotta try all this..with the plugs and this i have saved myself a quite a bit now..why not..its easy enough for someone like me to do...

You do right Pav - it is so easy to just hand it over to a garage and end up paying for stuff that is possible to DIY.