Pav's Albi Blue 197T

since the driveshafts are second handed they were rusty,as you can imagine..got on it yesterday with a wire brush and my drill attachments,and .....ordered 2 new boots for the cv joint as 2 of the current ones are about to split..
painted and leaving it to dry now..View attachment 15823 View attachment 15824 View attachment 15825
Hey pav, just read your thread from the start. Where did you get the vinyl wrap from and is it easy to use? Thinking of doing my mirrors and maybe rear diffuser.

P_20161214_181510_1_p.jpg a few more goodies have arrived..a heat sheet for the engine bay..heat tape for the manifold,decat down pipe,part of the exhaust..CV joint boots..
also my Forge intercooler :thumb:P_20161214_181524_1_p.jpg P_20161214_181543_1_p.jpg P_20161214_182253_1_p.jpg P_20161214_182311_1_p.jpg P_20161213_171804_p.jpg P_20161213_171815_1_p.jpg

also a very original packaging from one of the seller :sweatsmile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Beany and DS197
Santa has come early for you Pavster! You're building a nice little collection of bits there, this is an exciting project!

Car bits on the dining table......

"Commitment" !

You must have a pretty big pile of bits starting to assemble now Pav :smile:

car parts come first that's for sure :smile:
good point guys..glad my flatmate moved out in the summer..her room has transformed into a nice shed:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

This is awesome Pav, can't believe how much stuff you're getting! You must be unbelievably excited about it all?!

A great collection you're accumulating there Pav!
As Jimmy says, you must be well excited!

@Pav

When I left and we were all outside Saturday night: and my lights were pointing at your fine rear end - I commented on how good your 225 width tyres looked.

I'm DEFINITELY going wider when it's new rubber time. With your stance / lowering / tyre width.....from the rear especially your car was epic ! Really.....

Could you just confirm they were 225/45-17 and the make / model of the tyres please ?

A quick Google on my phone shows Rainsport 3's to be very cheap in this size - and same width but with 40 profile offers far less choice. This may be my preferred route though.

Just planning ahead....

ohh thank you very much for your kind words Syer..:thumb:
i like her ass too :hearteyes:
yeah the tires are GY Asymmetric 3 225/45/17..got them from Camskill for about £70 per corner..
just so you know I never had this size on my standard wheels..

ohh thank you very much for your kind words Syer..:thumb:
i like her ass too :hearteyes:
yeah the tires are GY Asymmetric 3 225/45/17..got them from Camskill for about £70 per corner..
just so you know I never had this size on my standard wheels..

Your on 8J wheels did someone say Pav.... ?

Standard are 7.5J i believe.........

Been busy with the wallet again Pav! Good on you mate, I'm really looking forward to seeing this start to take shape! is it booked in with the garage now?

That's a mighty wind instrument you're building there Pav!
thanks..hope not long to go now..
Been busy with the wallet again Pav! Good on you mate, I'm really looking forward to seeing this start to take shape! is it booked in with the garage now?
think Mr.Paypal is my brother now how well i know him..yeah gotta say I want it done now..the whole process of getting parts and searching for them has knackered me out..
if the other bits,I ordered last Sunday come this week,think i will hand over my car to my mechanic at some point next week..