Pedal Button Thing

O.k. so have done a search and found out the button under the accelerator is to cancel the speed limiter.

Can't find the answer I'm looking for though.

When driving quickly is there any difference in the rate of acceleration if you have the pedal all the way down and the button pressed?

I had a play around with this just yesterday. The RS Monitor has a throttle gauge and up to the button it is about 95%-98%. Press all the way down and you get 100%.
I'll try and get a photo tomorrow

I had a play around with this just yesterday. The RS Monitor has a throttle gauge and up to the button it is about 95%-98%. Press all the way down and you get 100%.
I'll try and get a photo tomorrow

Dammit that's annoying! Why can't they just have a normal pedal without a stupid button!

Last edited:
I don't tend to plant it to the floor much, My Jag has a similar peddle too except when ya hit the 2nd stage thingy switch it don't change up into next gear until redline. Is the 2%-5% throttle a major difference thou?

I tried it again today. If you put your foot down until you can JUST feel the button gives you approx 96% throttle. If you press down ONTO the button you get 99%. Obviously pressing past the button gives you 100%.
So basically you get 99% if you are pressing onto the button with the slightest of force

I tried it again today. If you put your foot down until you can JUST feel the button gives you approx 96% throttle. If you press down ONTO the button you get 99%. Obviously pressing past the button gives you 100%.
So basically you get 99% if you are pressing onto the button with the slightest of force

Ah o.k. So not too bad then. Cheers mate.
I wonder if you can get the button thing removed?!