Photo Challenge - non POTM!!

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Post your own version of the Andromeda galaxy, taken by yourself, as shown by Brian Cox at 25:00 into this video: http://youtu.be/Hj5yKaBOjWI?t=24m56s

Off you pop (need a clear night sky though)

If you have Android on your phone, get the free app "Google Sky Map" to help you locate the constellation in which it lies

Would love to see if its possible for a simpleton like me to do lol!!!

I'll give it a go when the weather is good.

Anyone done any planet pics or moon pics?

just finished watchin the 4 clips in your oter thread. Brian Cox is a leg! really interesting. not to mention mind boggling.

Found this on another forum:

james4-albums-starchasing-picture8279-m31-7x60-sec-unguided-nikon-d5000-astro-tech-at8in.jpg

Obviously with the aid of a telescope, but b*gger me, what a picture!

Why don't the make like one giant telescope like 1 mile long? lol absolutely love space, and reading about it, also watching programs like wonders of the universe, but it still baffles me!

when you watch his show and he talks about how many galaxys there are. it makes me 100% sure there is life out there.

if there is say 1 billion planets, surely 1 other than us has intelegent life.

Well here are the facts about other life.

Our sun is a star, our star is part of a galaxy - a cluster of a hundred billion stars. Our galaxy is one of hundreds of billions of galaxies in the observable universe.

Now are you seriously gonna tell me that there is NO life out there? Graeme, you think like I do. There IS other life out there, and i doubt we'll ever see it!

when you watch his show and he talks about how many galaxys there are. it makes me 100% sure there is life out there.

if there is say 1 billion planets, surely 1 other than us has intelegent life.

Wheres the intelegent life on this planet? lol

Our sun is a star, our star is part of a solar system of 8 other planets, within a galaxy - a cluster of a hundred billion stars. Our galaxy is one of hundreds of billions of galaxies in the observable universe.

Puts it into perspective doesn't it :wink:

Put some more detail in too :-p

I saw that Paul - was amazing!!

Now, has anyone done my challenge yet????

Brian says....

"It's 93*million miles to the Sun: that's a*long way. It takes light eight minutes to do that. There are 100bn galaxies in the observable universe. If you take a 5p coin and hold it 75 feet away, the space in the sky it would obscure would hold 10,000 galaxies. It's mindblowing. I don't think anyone has a grasp of that other than to say: it's big"

Pure genius

Brian says....

"It's 93*million miles to the Sun: that's a*long way. It takes light eight minutes to do that. There are 100bn galaxies in the observable universe. If you take a 5p coin and hold it 75 feet away, the space in the sky it would obscure would hold 10,000 galaxies. It's mindblowing. I don't think anyone has a grasp of that other than to say: it's big"

Pure genius

And are you going to tell me that there is no other life out there?! IMPOSSIBLE! There IS DEFINATELY other life out there. But I wonder what it looks like!?

Just look at the variation of live on earth, possibilities are endless. What amazes me is that some of the stars we see at night are not even there anymore cos it takes the light so long to get here.

The universe has to be teeming with life.

Similar Thread Suggestions