Progress thread of my Corsa D

N0ddie

Platinum Member
Since there was a few questions in our 200 thread about our Corsa I thought I'd stick the progress thread in here just to keep the 200 thread about the 200. So here goes:

Took these back at the dealership when trading in the old VXR for:

IMG_0044_edited.jpg

IMG_0042_edited.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

There was a muck up with the registration number for the new one. Gave me the wrong one.

Got her home on the Friday, had her lowered on the Saturday morning (and the usual indicator surrounds):

IMG_0053_edited.jpg

IMG_0054_edited-1.jpg

I do sometimes wish I'd kept the wheels silver as it looked damn good here.

Next mod was a red 'V' grille (Which is now stone chipped to buggery):

IMG_0050_edited.jpg

IMG_0055_edited.jpg

A few photos after I washed both cars (Obviously we still had the Twingo at this point):

DSC00168_edited.jpg

DSC00171_edited.jpg

Then painted my calipers a shexy blue:

IMG_0066_edited.jpg

IMG_0065_edited.jpg

Then stuck my old pro race 1.2s on so I could get my SRis powdercoated:

IMG_0061_edited.jpg

IMG_0070_edited.jpg

IMG_0071_edited.jpg

Then got the sunstrip:

IMG_0073.jpg

I then got my shexy gloss black SRis back (Defo the best mod so far):

IMG_0079.jpg

And some tinted side repeaters:

IMG_0075.jpg

Then how she sat at that point:

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

I then had some work done at a local bodyshop (Cupra splitter and VXR rear bumper):

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Random pic:

IMG_0094.jpg

Then picked up a set of VXR buckets (Which I have since sold):

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

Progress ended there. A pic I took just after the 200s first wash:

DSC00333.jpg

And the last pic taken:

IMG_0116-1.jpg

Since the snow I have had to remove the cupra splitter and have a cracked front bumper.

Nice work, I take it that is a different insert / diffuser in the rear bumper?

How come you got rid of the Recaros?

Its a VXR diffuser just "reworked" into a shape that would fit mine.

Still not sure why I sold the seats. I was offered 3 times what I paid for them off a forum member so thought why not.

Nice day-to-day motor Noddie! Looks much better than when you got it IMO. :thumbsup:

100% better now to what it looked like when you bought it. I think the VXR rear bumper makes a huge difference, so much more aggresive looking.

edit: Why are they called Corsa D?

I guess this one has 2 reasons. It's a diesel and it it is the 4th Corsa, which they call the D. The first Corsa (the A) was called the Nova in this country.

And does anyone know why The Nova had it's name changed? And why (especially in Spain) it was called the Corsa A?

It is actually hilarious! And if you know Spanish, you will know the reason why.

Utterly HILARIOUS, and true!

What does it mean Mike? No idea why the changed it. Nova isn't a very nice sounding word and perhaps that means something strange in a different language. Did you ever notice that all Vauxhall's line up ends with the letter a? Except the VXR8.

What does it mean Mike? No idea why the changed it. Nova isn't a very nice sounding word and perhaps that means something strange in a different language. Did you ever notice that all Vauxhall's line up ends with the letter a? Except the VXR8.

And Monarro :jump1: