Progress thread of my Corsa D

cavalier, signum and the senator too :smile:

That corsa is stunning!! How come you got rid of a VXR, and then made a non vxr, actuallly look like a VXR if you dont mind me asking?

Nevertheless, it looks awesome!!

cavalier, signum and the senator too :smile:

That corsa is stunning!! How come you got rid of a VXR, and then made a non vxr, actuallly look like a VXR if you dont mind me asking?

Nevertheless, it looks awesome!!

I loved everything about the VXR except for the £13 pound a day I was on petrol.

So making the diesel one look like a VXR seemed the sensible thing to do. :thumbup1:

Decided to restore the Corsa back to its former glory as its been neglected the past wee while (Really since the 200 came along lol). Have taken delivery of some goodies this week to start the restoration off:

5619216473_1486cb7913_b.png

5619217669_2a6aec3ed1_b.png

KW Inox V1s.

75d9cc07.jpg

973a5687.jpg

Forge DTS bar.

These are both being fitted tomorrow and words cannot describe my excitement at finally getting the knackered suspension replaced.

Things are not all good though. Theres a loud humming when driving the car on the motorway above 50mph. Could be wheel bearings (Again) or something else. I reckon something else cause when I press the clutch down at 70mph the noise goes away. So might be a bearing on the gearbox. Tis booked in @ Vxl on Thursday to be looked at.

:thumbsup:Very nice daily, love your AG too

Cheers bud.

Well they are now on the car.

Well what can I say. Its like driving a new car (If you can ignore the constant droning wheel bearings :lmao:smile:.

No more spongey/squigey suspension and boy does it look good. Just finished washing her so heres 2 pics (Taken with iPhone) of how she looks:

5621523207_db907d2de8_b.jpg

5622113684_1abd31601f_b.jpg

Thats them wound almost half way down. Think it looks perfect now. Gets rid of the high rake (Rear end high) angle the car used to have. I've to let them settle for a few weeks then take it back and be adjusted if required.

Will break out the DSLR once the workies have left (Feel stupid taking pics of the car with people watching lol).

Looks good, definitely better lowered!

Know what you mean about taking photos of the car in front of people, I'm the same!

What do you do if you don't mind me asking? Here's me mulling over some cheap £800 coil overs, and here's you with 2 excellent cars with the choice mods also! Jealous, much :worried:

What do you do if you don't mind me asking? Here's me mulling over some cheap £800 coil overs, and here's you with 2 excellent cars with the choice mods also! Jealous, much :worried:

The KWs for the Corsa arent as expensive as the ones for the Clio which is good. A whole £150-£200 cheaper.

I'm an instrument tech in the oil and gas industry.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but..

if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the new indicator surrounds, VXR rear bumper and the colour coded V grill?

Sorry to bring up an old thread but..

if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the new indicator surrounds, VXR rear bumper and the colour coded V grill?

Indicator surrounds are like 15 quid I think. VXR rear bumper was 100 off eBay though now people charge a lot more. Was 50 quid for the v grille to be painted at a local body shop.