Projector lights to xenon? 197

Hi, I've done a search but can't find anything specific..

I have the projector head lights on my 197, which give out a standard yellow light. What would I need to buy to make my lights look like my old 182's xenons? Can it be achieved by buying a certain type of lamp, or do I need to buy a HID conversion kit?

ta
Rob

Yeah you'll need to buy a HID kit.

Depending on what rating they are, will depend on what colour they beam out. I think mines about 5k or something and it's nice and white, but depends on what your 182's looked like.

I'm also considering HID's for my projector lights on my 197.

Struggling to choose between 5k or 6k HID's though - Any idea which is closest match to standard fit zenon on the likes of BMW's and Audis?

Also am I right in thinking this is gona be a bumper off and headlight out job to fit them properly?

Also am I right in thinking this is gona be a bumper off and headlight out job to fit them properly?

Not just to fit them properly but to fit them at all its a bumper off job. Unless you plan on nailing them to the front of the car, could be an interesting look though :tongueout:

I have ordered the HID terminator slim kit off HIDs-Direct, opted for 5000k.

As for fitting, well it's booked in at Birchdown next week for a cambelt kit so there kindly fitting it whilst the bumpers already off :smile:

HIDs Direct are great to deal with. I haven't used their hid kits (only bought normal bulbs off them) but its always been super quick delivery and top quality parts.

Fitted 5000K to my 197 from HiD Direct they are quality. Shame the bumper has to come off for fitting hope you've got a garage :smile:

Can you guys provide any links to the kits you got (for projectors) ? Wouldn't mind getting a 5000k kit for mine at some point and I've no idea what I'm looking for tbh. Thanks

Okay, all done and fitted!

I went for 35w 5000K HID Terminator slim kit from HID's Direct, and as mentioned by Ryan, i needed the H1 lamps instead of the H7 as their website suggests, due to having projector style lenses.

A few Pictures...

Before
IMG_4179.jpg
IMG_4178.jpg
IMG_4180.jpg

The ballasts fitted
IMG_4183.jpg
IMG_4184.jpg

During
IMG_4181.jpg[/URL]

Finished! Added a pair of LED sidelights to.
IMG_4186.jpg
IMG_4190.jpg

Looks great mate, think i'll follow you with the same kit and 5k colour. Looks just the right colour to me and HIDs direct are local to me so can go and pick them up.

Are the headlights easy to remove once the bumper is off?

And did you need to secure the 2 black boxes shown in the wiring to anything?

Looks great mate, think i'll follow you with the same kit and 5k colour. Looks just the right colour to me and HIDs direct are local to me so can go and pick them up.

Are the headlights easy to remove once the bumper is off?

And did you need to secure the 2 black boxes shown in the wiring to anything?

Yep very easy! 3 x 10mm Bolts facing you, and one 8mm on the side near the wing. The other two boxes are inline flex boxes and loosely tucked behind the headlight, i will probably tie wrap them to something now its all back together. The ballasts fit in a gap under the light perfectly. I put a piece of foam underneath the ballast to pack it out, and cable tied it at the end to stop it flapping about. You'll see what i mean when you fit yours.

Okay, all done and fitted!

I went for 35w 5000K HID Terminator slim kit from HID's Direct, and as mentioned by Ryan, i needed the H1 lamps instead of the H7 as their website suggests, due to having projector style lenses.

A few Pictures...

Before
IMG_4179.jpg
IMG_4178.jpg
IMG_4180.jpg

The ballasts fitted
IMG_4183.jpg
IMG_4184.jpg

During
IMG_4181.jpg[/URL]

Finished! Added a pair of LED sidelights to.
IMG_4186.jpg
IMG_4190.jpg

is that R27??

Proper installation mate well done.

So is this the one and only R27 made in memory of someone who used to work for Renault then? If so I was under the impression that it was fully loaded, xenons included. I might be wrong though.

Did you remove the roof decal?

Last edited: