Rattle after 5k RPM???

So, driving to Prodrive at the weekend (first time I've driven the car in weeks) in fact driving to chesterfield to collect Fernandez was the furthest I've driven it since before Xmas!

And I noticed a rattle after about 5k rpm, it happens in every gear but only when the car is under load, if you let off it stops. It doesn't make the noise when the car is stood and you rev it. It had the belts done the other week and the mrs has driven it since (but only under 3.5k rpm). I'm gonna take it back to DDC and get it looked at, but anyone have any ideas what it might be? It's a really metallic high pitcher rattle. I was thinking exhaust, but it's very consistent in the rev range which made me worry it's VVT related?? I'll try and post a vid...

Obviously I heard this too. I was thinking it was a rattle caused by resonance in that rev range as opposed to something in the engine at those revs.

Be interesting to hear other people's thoughts on this.

Sounds nothing like what mine did when the exhaust baffles went.

It's so annoying when they make noises only under load! It does suggest to me that it's engine related though.

I spoke with DDC today, car is going back to them to be looked at. We're hoping it's just an exhaust heat shield they've bent while doing the belts... We'll soon see.

Lois took the car in to DDC this morning, but apparently the noise had stopped by yesterday afternoon all on it's own. Unsurprisingly the lads at DDC took the car out and couldn't find anything. Lo showed them the video and they thought it may be the heat shield. They popped the car on the ramps, gave it all a good going over, and according to the Mrs spent a good few minutes punching the exhaust just to see if they could get it to happen lol.

They've 'adjusted' the heat shield (presumably with some sort of hammer shaped adjustment device) and everyone seems happy it's fixed. I'll take the car out tonight and make sure I'm happy with it, but the Mrs had nothing but nice things to say about the lads in DDC and they didn't ask for a penny for their time this morning. So far, so good. :smile:

Sods law the noise stopped when you about to get it looked at!!with a bit of luck it will not come back,got to say never heard that noise before:001_unsure: