Rattle at 2-3k rpm only when Cornering!!!! Help

Any help appreciated! I have a rattle when cornering and really only when in second gear around 2-3k rpm. It really only of ours when I am going round a long bend or big round about. It's getting a lot louder and Renault don't have a clue. If I come off the throttle or dip the clutch it stops, but doesn't sound like a diff. Any suggestions? Btw car selects all gears no problems and only Does it in 2nd gear. Any ideas at all will be appreciated, thanks andy

Mines is a lot louder now and when I accelerate hard and come off the throttle to change gear it makes a similar noise. A was certain ur was something in my gearbox. Am going to phone Renault to see what this ventilation bearing is and does

Hey guys, as I wrote Andrew there are two known problems (at least they're known here in germany :smiley: )

The first problem is a high frequent rattle or squealing while cornering at certain rpm.
This comes from the cheap bearings of the ventilation/heating/conditioning.
Here's how to fix it, but it is written in german only: http://www.abload.de/img/lftermotorausbaurt02b5m.jpg
The bearings just need a little WD40 but it is complicated to get them out.

The second problem is a rattle/clanking noise which occurs at certain rpm and which disappears while hitting throttle for example.
This comes from the heat protection plate of the starter motor. The first plates were just pinched in and began to rattle because of the resonance.
Renault later built a brace which allows to screw that plate onto the engine block.

I hope this is somehow understandable... :smiley:
Please excuse my english as I was born and raised in germany!

Not if you dont like rattle and clanking everywhere. :smiley:
Vibratechnics sells a set of three motor mounts/links.
They are much harder than the oem ones and if you put them in you sure are going to have much more rattle as every engine/gearbox movement is almost directly transferred to the chassis. :smiley:
http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/renault/clio_3_rs_197_r27_200

I asked because if you have them built in, there could be a lot of things causing a rattle here and there and definitely too much to get rid of.

The brace you need to fix the starter motor plate is a renault part.