Recommend me an amp!

Looking at upgrading the sound system a bit, going for the Pioneer direct replacement fronts and some pioneer rears to match, but feel I should get an amp as well. Anyone recommend one? I'd prefer it to be compact to go under the seat or somewhere out the way. Don't really want to change the standard HU either, would this be a problem?

Cheers!

alpine do a tiny headunit amp, which you basically wire it into the loom the back of the stereo

I have some advice - the pioneer direct fits are a waste of time! I was so gutted when I fitted mine half an hour ago. Maybe they're better with an aftermarket stereo?..

I'm running some amped alpine comps in the rears and they're great ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375359249.237964.jpg

And if you want a two channel amp the below is brilliant (and small)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375359324.087597.jpg

They also do a 4 channel if later u want to run a sub

I got all my stuff from CarAudioDirect

Hope that helps!

Tamz

The ktp-445u is the universal one, no plugs, the ktp-445 is the one for alpine head unit only. Im thinking of eventually getting one and making a loom with a bluetooth loom to make it plug n play.

Thanks very much guys! If the pioneer ones are crap, are the alpine ones plug and play? Or can you get a simple adapter lead if there not?

unfortunately the alpine comps are not plug and play. It's an afternoon job running wires from the head unit to the speakers and if your amping it - from the battery to the amp. They were originally for the front but when I saw how much of a job it was I settled to fit them in the back.

My mate has a car audio installation business so we did it together on a Saturday morning but it was so worth it the sound is brilliant from the rears

I was fortunate to have existing wires in the rear so if you have these most 2/3-ways if I'm correct should plug in if you didn't want components

Tamz

i had the pioneer ones, there far from crap, but i had the cabbasse system in mine. if the head unit aint powerful enough, it doesnt matter what speakers you put in.

I went for this one -[FONT=Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]XDI804 ARC AUDIO AMP 4-Channel.
I had it in my old car and serviced the aftermarket splits, headunit and 12" sub nicely.
I've purchased it again for the stereo going in to my 197. It will fit under the seat easily. It's about the size of 2 iPhone 5's next to each other.