Recommend me some speakers please

Looking at changing my speakers, can any1 recommend me any? Don't want to spend much, just want an improvement from what I have.

I know that the front ones are 13cm is it the same in the back?

Cheers :smile:

yep the backs are the same ive got focal's front and back much better than standard, there focal access coaxial (13cm).

I wouldnt swap out the front components for co ax's!!

good set of frints and a small amp would transform the sound of your system!

Best to upgrade the HU 1st!!

I would go for the Pioneer TS-Q131C speakers in front if you don't want to modify anything.

Otherwise, DLS MS6A (yes, I know, they're 16cm) is probably the best solution with an adequate DLS amplifier, and a Pioneer/Alpine HU.

I would go for the Pioneer TS-Q131C speakers in front if you don't want to modify anything.

Otherwise, DLS MS6A (yes, I know, they're 16cm) is probably the best solution with an adequate DLS amplifier, and a Pioneer/Alpine HU.

I have seen these pioneer ones, quite like the look of them, what could I get for the back then?

Am happy with the Sony H/U seems pritty good, does USB that's all I need.8)

I like the look of the Pioneers. Is it component - front, coax - back?

And do you have to cut the plug of the wires to fit the rears? What's the best way to connect new ones up?

I have the cabbase 6 disk. Dont really want to change the HU. Would changing the speakers give a bit more bass?

I like the look of the Pioneers. Is it component - front, coax - back?

And do you have to cut the plug of the wires to fit the rears? What's the best way to connect new ones up?

I wouldn't know, haven't changed them - yet.

I have the cabbase 6 disk. Dont really want to change the HU. Would changing the speakers give a bit more bass?

Probably, but I would definitely recommend you get a subwoofer (but you would need an extra amplifier). I had a Kicker Solobaric in my '92 Audi 100 Avant and it rocked! :thumbup1:

+1 for Focal

Got them in mine also and they are lovely and crisp. I had a small custom set up, with polyglass v130's i think and tweeters mounted in the front wing mirrors and in the rear above the armrest rather than having co-ax's.

+1 for Focal

Got them in mine also and they are lovely and crisp. I had a small custom set up, with polyglass v130's i think and tweeters mounted in the front wing mirrors and in the rear above the armrest rather than having co-ax's.

You can't go wrong with the Focals too...and there are also:

Magnat New Edge 213
MacAudio CFX2.13
Focal 130v2

You just can't go wrong with these.

best option would be
h.u
6 channel amp
1 sub
set of components up front
set of mids in the rear

ive got a jvc avx33 headunit and looking at getting the focal 200quid plus compnents up front and some nice mids in the rear as there there for rear fill.......
so i think i may get myself a 4 channel amp and do it that way.
components are very good investment indeed. to get the best tho you can amp them either passive or active.

passive (with cross over boxes)limeted to what manufacture supplys them too.

active (no xover boxes)-more control of the components and what they play at.

as to havoing a fab sq system in my old fiesta i no quite a bit i like to think so any help im willing to help where i can,

my preference with speakers and subs are

JUST NOISE
vibe
kicker
in phase
jbl

OK BUGDET
alpine
pioneer

BEST CHOICES FOR NICE SQ
jl audio
hertz
focal
rainbow
dls

thats my view btw. but only because ive tried and tested nearly all thoses makes on speakers and subs,
my last audio system just for gear was just shy off 8k
but was the titties lol.
hope this helps if not ive just rambled lol..

audio is all about personal taste and playing preferences. my advice is the pioneer direct replacements are a really good buy and sound good even on the standard wiring without an amplifier. got them in our demo car until the install goes in over the winter, very clear.