Resonated or non Resonated?

Samuel

Paid Member
Iv had my Renault Clio 197 f1 for just over a month now, and with 39,000 miles on the clock it runs as smooth as anything, what an awesome car it is,
the rev ranges are incredible for such a little car but f**k me it packs a punch, and especially in the corners it sticks to the road like a lotus exige.

The standard exhaust is by no means bad, over 4,000 rpm and it groans nicely.

However i'm getting a custom exhaust system fitted by http://pipewerxcars.com/ this week
and i cant decide on resonated or non resonated, i don't want to sound like a chavy boy racer but i want it to be noticeable on start up, any suggestions chaps?:001_unsure::001_unsure::001_unsure:

i would have thought that a custom exhaust would be quite loud anyway...depends on what u prefer..its great to have a awesomely sounding exhaust..just been for a spin and when i floored it people did wave their walking sticks at me :bounce::lol:
and ive got a ktec resonated..still loud enough

Mine is scorpion resonated and is plenty loud enough.

Also sometimes with a non resonated system it will highlight a flat spot!

Lol Pav.

I've got an oreca system and the standard exhaust groaned enough at motorway speeds so a bit more didn't have to big an impact on me.

What's all this 'custom will be loud' crap?

You should be able to specify if you want it loud or not. That's the purpose of having a 'custom' exhaust! If they don't talk you through your options then go elsewhere.

What's all this 'custom will be loud' crap?

You should be able to specify if you want it loud or not. That's the purpose of having a 'custom' exhaust! If they don't talk you through your options then go elsewhere.

Exactly. It's like Longlife says: Low Sport, Mid Sport or High Sport?