Rogue's Turbo'd R27 - 306bhp

Status
Not open for further replies.
250 engines are a lot more expensive than the 225/230 engines.

I noticed this when I was considering this.

Plus there's not really any about, so I had little choice and premium was at a high.they can charge what they want!

For me, I think each to their own regarding cost. Prices of stuff is often driven by demand. I paid £600 for my engine and 250 gearbox because it was worth nothing to nobody. At the time, People who owned a 250, their engines were still in warranty and nobody thought they'd fit anything else. I sold the gearbox for a turbo.

The conversion in my opinion saved me money. I was ready to sell cause the clio just wasn't fast enough for me, and I'd exhausted most of NA stuff. The cost to change into something interesting was nearly 3x the cost of the conversion. I think most who traded in their clios actually hadn't fallen out of love with them, they probably just wanted more power.

I'm struggling to let mine go cause it's a car impossible to replace. I'm sure Rouge will end up feeling the same. The advice I'd give is it's not plug and play. It takes a little while to work through the niggles but it's worth being patient.

Last edited:
^Definitely. I spent weeks trying to find something I would be able to compare to a meg'd Clio in the same price bracket...and basically come up empty.

Ste has the car for as long as he needs it. He has everything he needs now, so hopefully it'll all go smoothly, but like you say, its not plug and play.

I am getting proper excited tho.

Keeping my eye on this!

250 engine is a much better choice. Should be an awesome machine once done!

I know they say patients are a virtue, but god damn I'm getting itchy feet lol

Baaaadly want it back now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Gallery 11
Glenn_Adam_Doble Spotted 0