Rogue's Turbo'd R27 - 306bhp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely you've lost ££££ in this build though? I'd be wanting to keep it and get my money's worth out of it. Otherwise you'd have been better off buying one already done and saving thousands.

If your even thinking of a new car in the near future then it shows that this hast quite hit the spot for you? :worried:

Surely you've lost ££££ in this build though? I'd be wanting to keep it and get my money's worth out of it. Otherwise you'd have been better off buying one already done and saving thousands.

If your even thinking of a new car in the near future then it shows that this hast quite hit the spot for you? :worried:

Definitely. But it's probably been the most stressful period of time I've ever had owning a car.

You're supposed to enjoy these things...I just got totally hacked off with mine.

I just think I want something bigger as we'll. But we'll see. Will get it finished first...I'll only sell it if I can get what I want for it. And she definitely owes me at least 1 lap around the ring!

Definitely. But it's probably been the most stressful period of time I've ever had owning a car.

You're supposed to enjoy these things...I just got totally hacked off with mine.

I just think I want something bigger as we'll. But we'll see. Will get it finished first...I'll only sell it if I can get what I want for it. And she definitely owes me at least 1 lap around the ring!

Same here, totally lost the love for the Clio during the build in the same way as Pete. No matter how much of a fantastic car it was it felt tainted and I personally just wanted to close that chapter and start a new one.

loving the Lotus but I've put Honda conversion plans on the shelf as one I don't want to spend loads and then sell it and 2 is a very hard car to live with, massively rewarding and fun but hard. I'm currently looking at Cayman's

Can you elaborate more on that because I'm always more interested in what things could/do go wrong than when everything is peachy.

Now it doesn't seem that the Meg conversion is plug'n'play?

Can you elaborate more on that because I'm always more interested in what things could/do go wrong than when everything is peachy.

Now it doesn't seem that the Meg conversion is plug'n'play?

Much the same as Pete I went for the conversion because my car died so there was a real impetus on getting it back on the road rather than a project build that didn't have any kind of time frame.

The first meg engine I bought was a dog and unusable, the breakers in Rugby that sold it me ripped me off so I lost a grand without even starting.

Then finding an ecu was a massive headache, my first turbo was shagged so needed another one of those but once it was finished it was excellent and the car was spot on but then 20k later that engine died. It dropped all the valves because of a freak bit of bad luck with the belt slipping a few teeth. That was nothing to do with the build I have to add but having to get a third engine was a big blow. The car was again spot on afterwards but it felt like I'd spent more time with it in the garage than driving it so just lost the love.

The conversions themselves are great and really make them into a giant killer. I'd say to anyone it's a worthwhile conversion that rewards massively in how it changes the car but before you get the spanners out make sure you have all good parts in place to complete the job.

I've subscribed on all of the Megged Clio topics just to follow what issues they have/had because I'm thinking of doing it if the car doesn't run as fast as I think it should after this tuning that I'm doing at the moment.

Sometimes its just luck. It took us 5 months to get the bottom of my problem and it just turned out to be an incompatible exhaust.

The more that gets done the more that the tuners will learn but it's definitely not plug and play at the moment.

It would be great to have one Clio Megged topic where you guys with the Megged Clios would write what/where/how did you do with your conversion.

How much did it cost, what to look for/at and similar...

Need to have a ride in this :smiley:

Shame to hear though, even after all that you'd still look at a meg in the new year. Although, can see your reasons :smile:

Much the same as Pete I went for the conversion because my car died so there was a real impetus on getting it back on the road rather than a project build that didn't have any kind of time frame.

The first meg engine I bought was a dog and unusable, the breakers in Rugby that sold it me ripped me off so I lost a grand without even starting.

Then finding an ecu was a massive headache, my first turbo was shagged so needed another one of those but once it was finished it was excellent and the car was spot on but then 20k later that engine died. It dropped all the valves because of a freak bit of bad luck with the belt slipping a few teeth. That was nothing to do with the build I have to add but having to get a third engine was a big blow. The car was again spot on afterwards but it felt like I'd spent more time with it in the garage than driving it so just lost the love.

The conversions themselves are great and really make them into a giant killer. I'd say to anyone it's a worthwhile conversion that rewards massively in how it changes the car but before you get the spanners out make sure you have all good parts in place to complete the job.

I bought my Cat C toy as it allowed to use it as a big Meccano set without worrying about losing money. Yep frowned on and whispers 'litchy's is a cat C you know' but always enjoyed it because no issues of warranty or finance. Next project will be exactly the same. Mine doesn't sell, it will be in my garage cause I can't replace it for the price I'm selling it for. Also the alternatives cost 3x more but aren't 3x more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Gallery 11
Glenn_Adam_Doble Spotted 0