Selling a car with finance on?

Thinking about changing my clio for something a bit more comfortable and a nicer interior, however i've got finance owing on. Would I be better off getting a loan, paying off the finance and then selling the car or is it allowed (obviously making sure the buyer is aware) to sell the car and then pay off the finance with the cash?

Also does anyone want my LY R27??? Like I say i'm only thinking about it - it's very much on the back burner as I really do love my clio just would like something with a little bit more straight line power rather than it's superb handling..

If you can get interest free card or loan pay off then sell then pay off card or loan jobs a good un

thanks! might give it a few months and save up for a nice mk6 golf GTI or something, lots of time to enjoy my clio yet

Also with some companies if you've been paying the finance for over half the term you can give the car back to the finance company. They send someone around to do a check on the car to make sure it's in good nick.
I did this with my old car, have a read of your t&cs.
And also if you do this you can't have finance with the company again.
Hope this helps