Seriously?!?! Not agin surely

Another noise, surely this can't be another ball joint? The left one was replaced about a month ago! Any help appreciated guys, here's a vid I took.

[video=youtube_share;gLvB5kQcJ8k]http://youtu.be/gLvB5kQcJ8k[/video]

That's what I'm thinking, when the other ball joint was replaced it didn't sound like that, it was a harsher creaking noise

Anymore ideas guys? Car is going in to get the gear box oil changed next week so id like to get this sorted at the same time

Sounds lyk inner track rods to me my girlfriends clio used to do this ,all i did was jack the car up take the inner tie rod gators off and put loads of grease on ether side as sum1 keeps turning the steering from lock to lock to work it in

Got the track rods etc greased and it seems to have cured the noise from the front. However......now there is a bad creaking from the back of the car still when going from lock to lock. So as the car is moving slightly from side to side, something is flexing and creaking. This must have been there all along but seeing as the front noise was so loud it probably stopped me from noticing it. Any idea what the creaking from the back could be? The level the car is sitting on seems to affect this noise, from making it worse to all but removing it. All the bushes have been lubricated and it's still doing it.

Mines in tomor so im going to be present when do the checks. I trust nobody haha. I want them to check over track rod end first. Ball joints - ballache.
Why is it some days it squeaks quite bad and other days like today, there is nothing? If it's swivel joint, I keep reading that i can buy them separately? Ball joint /swivel joint? Same thing?

Last edited:
Plus vat £280 both sides. Jimmy thinks this is expensive. Just been quoted £205 just for the parts from another garage! !!

Plus vat £280 both sides. Jimmy thinks this is expensive. Just been quoted £205 just for the parts from another garage! !!

Well I paid £120 for one side, so it's not massively more expensive what you've been quoted. That was at a place in Derbyshire though, so travel costs would be an issue if you are far from there.

Got the track rods etc greased and it seems to have cured the noise from the front. However......now there is a bad creaking from the back of the car still when going from lock to lock. So as the car is moving slightly from side to side, something is flexing and creaking. This must have been there all along but seeing as the front noise was so loud it probably stopped me from noticing it. Any idea what the creaking from the back could be? The level the car is sitting on seems to affect this noise, from making it worse to all but removing it. All the bushes have been lubricated and it's still doing it.

All three of my Mark 3's have done this stationary while going from lock to lock. Nothing to worry about, seriously...