200: Seriously considering selling...

Copied my thread over from CS, as I wanted to hear your guy's opinions...
As the title says, im seriously considering selling the 200 at the moment. :worried:

Although I love it to bits, the car is truly amazing, and it's the best i've ever owned, something just isn't clicking. I think it's partially the fact that I don't actually own the car?!

I don't seem to have joy in cleaning the car, like I have with all my previous cars (even though it is still uber clean tbf).

I'm being too much of a 'MPG whore' aswell, due to fuel costs. With my 172, I could go for a blast and still get really good mpg, without worrying about using too much fuel etc, whereas if I drive the 200 slightly hard (i've never ragged the car at all) I worry too much about how much fuel its going to drink.

I think another reason that im not 'clicking' with the car is because I can't tinker with it. Im one of these people that likes to do stuff to my cars to keep my interest, even if it is as small as adding a sticker or even having to repair things. I feel I can't do this in the 200, due to the warranty issues and massive costs to do anything 'good'.

The other point is that now im working, rather than being a dirty student, I feel like im blowing £200 p/m on a car that im not seeing the full benefits of. If I was tracking it or driving enthusiastically everywhere, id accept it, as its soo much fun when you drive it properly, but as it is just a daily driver to the gym/work/missus, I dont really see these benefits. Swapping for another ph2 would get me out of these monthly costs again.

Lastly, me and the missus have just been camping for the week. I left the car at her house and she has driven everywhere. When we did this when I had the 172, I was constantly thinking about it and whether it was alright etc, whereas I haven't given the 200 a second thought this past week. :s Just makes me think.

Making an offer on the Sunflower Ph1 in my village is looking more and more appealing...

Easy answer mate...sell up!
We could all hark on about it but at the end of the day your not 'driving' it.
So sell,get ya 172 or 182 n enjoy! 8)

and me getting bored now need a change did have a gt tdi 130bhp golf before,should have kept that great on fuel,60mpg,clio 29mpg..:thumbdown:

I am probably selling mine soon, to make way for a Leon Cupra. Went and test drove another yesterday, was very nice. But couldn't do the deal I wanted, so still looking atm. May get back to me on Monday with something to sink my teeth in to. Offered me £7500 for the Clio.

That's why I sold mines just wasn't clicking with the car also wanted something alot faster and so a can do things to the car also got bored with the power off the Clio

Ph1s sound like a good idea when you think of buying costs. But, you are moving from a brand new car to 1 thats over 10 years old. Good in the summer but when it keeps breaking down in the winter you'll regret it.

Whats the deal with handing your 200 back? Your on PCP eh?

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel.

Sometimes, less is more, but I think after my time with the ST, I will be glad to have the 197 back again!!!!

Whats the deal with handing your 200 back? Your on PCP eh?

Yeah, im on the PCP deal, but from what I understand, id just have to clear all finance on the car, so id only sell if someone would pay off the finance (probably around £10k) plus a little bit extra to hopefully cover the cost of a certain Sunflower :wink:
Long shot, hey.

Yeah, im on the PCP deal, but from what I understand, id just have to clear all finance on the car, so id only sell if someone would pay off the finance (probably around £10k) plus a little bit extra to hopefully cover the cost of a certain Sunflower :wink:
Long shot, hey.

how easy is that to do - to sell a car with finance on it, but use the money you get to pay it off?

If that's what you feel get rid I understand were your coming from on the point you can't do nothing because you don't own it.how much is it going to cost you to start again???
Bought mine from new paid cash for it and never changed a thing besides bulbs etc will be with me till the day it dies now cost us £15,000 and not prepared to lose so much money+hopefully in 12 months I will be able to drive again so it will be like a New car again anyway
All the Best with what you decide to do and remember only YOU can make the final decision

^ Roy, with how much is left on the finance, I think im still just in positive equity, so I could sell for a bit more than what the finance is.
I wouldn't sell tbh if I were going to be too much out of pocket, as there isn't that much need.

not all cars suit all people.

a friend recently got an E46 M3 BMW. It only stayed with him for about 8 weeks, as he didnt 'gel' with it.

If you really dont like it, get rid asap!

I'm not sure I could stand the interior of a 1*2 after having the 200.
Unless I were to completely strip the interior out of course......

I wouldnt sell the 200 for a ph1. The "luxury" of the Mk3 clio will make the Ph1 feel positively ****e in comparison so in a way you have ruined that for yourself now through no fault of your own.

Unless you have a large sum of money available your going to be getting yourself into more debt/finance with a different car and lets be honest the current PCP you and i are on is amazing value for money! You will struggle to secure finance on anything remotely as sporty without going over £200 pcm.

Its your decision at the end of the day but i would seriously consider your options of WHAT would come next.