Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Having had the gearbox oil changed to Redline MTF 78w/80 last weekend....i had at least intended to give it until this weekend before i gave comment on it....

However. This stuff (For me; at this time, in this box !) is the mutts-nutts. Truly !!! To be fair i only had one minor niggle of a slightly notchy feel between 1st and 2nd. This has sorted that right out - and made the whole gear-box into what the car so deserves.

Changes are now truly silky smooth and effortless. Gear-changes are almost a joy :smile: To be fair - i'm coming from the worst oil i've ever used in the Clio, to the best. So the difference is perhaps exaggerated. But this really is one of the best 'mod's' i've done i kid you not. I'm literally stunned a different oil could make so much difference.

Nothing else will ever go in this box again; and while @ £40 it might be more than twice the price of Elf (Which was good to be fair) - this is on a whole new level.

ELF NFJ or NFP: Both perfectly adequate and until i tried something else i had no comparison. And was more than happy !
FUCHS TITAN SINTOFLUID: Worst MY box has felt. Noticeably 'bad' right away after changing to it. Notchy and stiff.
REDLINE MTF: On a whole new level. Silky smooth and a joy to use so far :smile:

**Couple of pics of some deepest Suffolk Countryside as i took the long-way in and home for 2 days: gearbox testing :sunglasses:

37428705646_1e51135945_b.jpg

37428706366_3b77ae814e_b.jpg

glad you are happy mate..i too used nothing but red line in my old box..no i've tried Castrol so can compare at least...
glad its sorted your issues..

Having had the gearbox oil changed to Redline MTF 78w/80 last weekend....i had at least intended to give it until this weekend before i gave comment on it....

However. This stuff (For me; at this time, in this box !) is the mutts-nutts. Truly !!! To be fair i only had one minor niggle of a slightly notchy feel between 1st and 2nd. This has sorted that right out - and made the whole gear-box into what the car so deserves.

Changes are now truly silky smooth and effortless. Gear-changes are almost a joy :smile: To be fair - i'm coming from the worst oil i've ever used in the Clio, to the best. So the difference is perhaps exaggerated. But this really is one of the best 'mod's' i've done i kid you not. I'm literally stunned a different oil could make so much difference.

Nothing else will ever go in this box again; and while @ £40 it might be more than twice the price of Elf (Which was good to be fair) - this is on a whole new level.

ELF NFJ or NFP: Both perfectly adequate and until i tried something else i had no comparison. And was more than happy !
FUCHS TITAN SINTOFLUID: Worst MY box has felt. Noticeably 'bad' right away after changing to it. Notchy and stiff.

**Couple of pics of some deepest Suffolk Countryside as i took the long-way in and home for 2 days: gearbox testing :sunglasses:

View attachment 115121

View attachment 115122
Like the sound of that Redline stuff!
Wonder if it’s ok with LSD’s?
Will investigate

Will investigate

When i took it in - my mechanic said its all he uses in his cars too.

Evo, Cossie, Integrale etc etc.

I'm anal - and am seriously impressed Ben. Used and loved by many and really recommended for me to try by Northloopcup who as i'm sure you know is 'the gearbox man' for these cars.

Will investigate
its safe Ben..go for it..best stuff you can get..i've been saying this for years..i know people tend to stick with a standard stuff but why,when you can upgrade??

Impressive review... amazing how something so similar in its underlying job that it has too do can be so different and perform so much better!

Reactions: sevenfourate

View attachment 115121

View attachment 115122

Very interested in this.....

Is your 200 your daily driver?

I've an annoying 'crunch'/non smoothness when going to 4th at certain speeds/revs and am thinking of changing the gearbox oil to see if it makes any difference. For all the price of it, it's worth a shot and this stuff sounds amazing!

I've an annoying 'crunch'/non smoothness when going to 4th at certain speeds/revs and am thinking of changing the gearbox oil to see if it makes any difference. For all the price of it, it's worth a shot and this stuff sounds amazing!
just get it mate..if it doesnt help then you have a syncro issue..cant go wrong for £40 delivered..

Great to hear it's worked wonders for you too, I am very impressed with it! I'll definitely be putting it in my replacement box when (hopefully IF) I need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry to go off topic Shuv, I've not caught up to date yet with your thread!...

Did you settle on the 5 or 8mm spacers at the front? I've looked through a couple of your threads and the relevant pages in here and I think I'm looking for just what you've achieved with yours! :thumb:

Sorry to go off topic Shuv, I've not caught up to date yet with your thread!...

Did you settle on the 5 or 8mm spacers at the front? I've looked through a couple of your threads and the relevant pages in here and I think I'm looking for just what you've achieved with yours! :thumb:

It's all good. If anything i've done can be a help to anyone else - then great !

I went with 8's in the end.

Standard bolts are 27/28mm from memory. So you'll need 35mm long with the spacers.

Reactions: Matt Scarbro
Impressive review... amazing how something so similar in its underlying job that it has too do can be so different and perform so much better!

Unbelievable, how two supposed quality and presumably researched / developed oils can seemingly be Worlds apart. In this box at least.

Yes - currently my daily. Hopefully not for much longer.

Touchwood, i 'think' my box is a good one. Never had a crunch etc once. I just think the last oil wasn't the best fit for it.

If you accept the oil really needs changing frequently in these boxes to keep them at their best and for some preventative medicine (And thats going to cost £20 odd whatever you use) - it's only a £20 'gamble' trying Redline.

Great to hear it's worked wonders for you too, I am very impressed with it! I'll definitely be putting it in my replacement box when (hopefully IF) I need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Amazing stuff. Although i never had 'issues' as-such and it's often advised for high milers / worn boxes.....i will only use this from now on. Asper my £20 'gamble' statement above. Its a no-brainer.

Reactions: l33th3tr33
It's all good. If anything i've done can be a help to anyone else - then great !

I went with 8's in the end.

Standard bolts are 27/28mm from memory. So you'll need 35mm long with the spacers.

Thanks!

And for documenting this all so well, nearly every time I come to do anything there's a well reasoned and described path here! :grinning:

Car is looking brilliant as usual Shuv! Glad to hear the Redline stuff is working well for you, going to get some ordered myself today - Where did you get yours from ?

Car is looking brilliant as usual Shuv! Glad to hear the Redline stuff is working well for you, going to get some ordered myself today - Where did you get yours from ?

Seller was Powerenhancer on eBay. Based in Norwich.

Approx £40 inc delivery and came with the free fuel additive I talked about yesterday in General chat :smile:

Good news on the oil mate. Pleased for you. Simple thing but it's one of those driving experience issues that really needs to be right, and when it is, you're happy as Larry.

AWESOME pics too, especially that first one!

Hi
Good news on the oil mate. Pleased for you. Simple thing but it's one of those driving experience issues that really needs to be right, and when it is, you're happy as Larry.

AWESOME pics too, especially that first one!

That was at the Gatekeepers house to Somerleyton Hall.

I parked outside and didn’t realise I’d partly blocked the gates. Which were shut anyway. And I could see nothing was coming down the substantial driveway...

Crossed the road to take pics - looked up to see some posh got and his bird......lol.....trying to get out but blocked in by the Clio.

Neither were amused :sunglasses:

Reactions: ///M