How do you use snowfoam?

• Rinse first, then snowfoam

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Snowfoam the 'dry' car

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Don't use snowfoam

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
Just wondering how people apply snowfoam as pre-wash for the best results.

Rinse then foam.

or

Foam the dry car?

Opinions & results please :smile:

- Will

I'm under the impression that in order to remove the most dirt before washing, the best thing to do is to rinse, then foam. If you foam dry, you're removing the top layer of dirt, the easy to get off stuff. Then the foam only removes this. If you rinse, the foam then takes off the next layer of dirt.

I understand that the foam sticks much better to a dry car, so it works better, but that's not really the point. Just my opinion and why I apply after rinsing with a jet washer first.

The foam sticks better to dry dirt and in doing so soaks it (foam should be left to dwell for 5-10 mins). It then makes it heavier and they fall off the car with the foam allowing deeper dirt to be exposed to the foam and the process starting again.

Arran whilst i think your point is valid i think tests have been done and it stops the foam from sticking and loosening the dirt your trying to remove by doing it that way.

but if it works for you then.........

OK, valid point.

I went on the detail tuition day with Russ at MCC, both him and James from Auto Finesse foam a wet car.

Might be worth asking on DW.

Like i say if it works for you does it matter? i think your suggestion makes more sense imo.

perhaps pre rinse and then let it dry whilst getting the rest of your gear ready allowing the car to dry before foaming? best of both worlds.

Similar Thread Suggestions