197: So, MPG?

Had my 197 around 3 weeks now, reset the MPG when i got it and have just looked today and i've averaged 24.5MPG, thats not that great is it? Considering 80% of the use of the car has been to work and back keeping it under 4k. Having just parted with a 260bhp Audi S3 which was a fair bit quicker than the 197 and averaged 25MPG i was hoping the 197 was going to be a little better.

So what do you all average?

Last edited:
Had my 197 around 3 weeks now, reset the MPG when i got it and have just looked today and i've averaged 24.5MPG, thats not that great is it? Considering 80% of the use of the car has been to work and back keeping it under 4k. Having just parted with a 260bhp Audi S3 which was a fair bit quicker than the 197 and averaged 25MPG i was hoping the 197 was going to be a little better.

So what do you all average?

37.1 is the best ive had! :wink: :smiley:

I never had over 27mpg in my R27 it's shocking!! Part of the reason it went tbh.

i got 290 miles to my last tank :/ . I'm considering getting a quick diesel seens as i dont use the car much.

My last tank returned 340 miles. Thats with 70 miles being done at over 100leptons. The rest cruising to work on the motorway.
Usually get close to 400miles to a tank. Best I've seen over a tank is 34mpg.

I do about 35 miles a day, mostly on the motorway and I get 25-28mpg depending on how spirited I'm feeling. Managed 31mpg the other day but that was careful driving (boring).

I average 24.8 in my 200 - drive it pretty conservatively but do put my foot down a fair bit when i get the chance. The best ive had is 28mpg but got bored as it defeats the object of having the car.

24-28 is the average id say

I average 24.8 in my 200 - drive it pretty conservatively but do put my foot down a fair bit when i get the chance. The best ive had is 28mpg but got bored as it defeats the object of having the car.

24-28 is the average id say

That sounds like me, if I could resist every temptation I might see 28mpg then. Car is made to be driven though.

The S3 would only really average 24mpg if NEVER past 3.5k at all. So I guess the odd boot in the Clio and still return 25mpg ain't too bad.

Don't forget that MPG will be a bit lower than normal at the moment due to the cold weather...

But still, anything above 25MPG means you're not driving her properly. The F4R revs that high for a reason. :wink:

With how cold it is at the min it will take longer to filly warm up, should b better when the weather warms up

i get 27.9-28.4mpg using bp super unleaded / tesco99 , drive mainly town and do around 20 miles a day.

Used to average around 29-30. Weren't great, but it's a sports car...I didn't buy it to be economical.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomc197 Clio General Chat 5
Jools Clio 197 Area 21
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 22
E1bert Clio General Chat 17
Gus Clio General Chat 17