Steering wobble when braking

Guys I've noticed a slight wobble when braking at around 60mph +

Doesn't seem to do it under 60mph.

Not got a clue what it could be any idea's?

Where do you feel the wobble? Is it through the steering?

It could be a build up of pad deposits on the front discs, but as deasmau5 has said it could be track rod ends, inner rack joints are also a possibility etc etc.

Where do you feel the wobble? Is it through the steering?

It could be a build up of pad deposits on the front discs, but as deasmau5 has said it could be track rod ends, inner rack joints are also a possibility etc etc.

Through the steering wheel it wobbles around and inch roughly from left to right then stops as I decrease in speed.

I have done the ring and How Fast on these pads and discs and haven't had chance to clean them up so that could be a idea. Will also check the rod ends ASAP.

Thanks guys

if its at a certain speed, could be something simple and be wheel balancing too

Car is booked in next Wednesday for a check I've noted down what you guys have said it could be and I will ask him to check.

I will update when I know

Like the guys have said, I'd go with pad deposits or track rods. Hopefully its just pad deposits and you can give them a clean and "re-bed" them back in again. My fiesta is shocking for it at the moment, but I CBA as the discs are wrecked anyway so I'm just gonna trash them a bit more and get them changed :smiley:

So had the tracking, alignment and balancing done this morning.

I'll get a scan on the alignment read out up tonight when home from work. Guy said that the two fronts were slightly buckled and this could be the reason for some wobbling. He switched them with the rears and it does feel a hell of a lot better when moving along now and I can hardly notice any wobble.

I blame the bloody pot holes!

Get a pic of a pot hole and send that along with the invoices for the work carried out. Claim as pot hole damage and the government/council pay out for it.

I did it with my last car, was no trouble at all. Silly twits even paid out twice against my one claim of £400