Stephen's 200T - SOLD!

Ive never seen one with the monitor pal but there is no reason why it couldn't become a download :thumbup:

From RUK the RS Monitor can't be retro fitted, it has to be fitted on new builds spec'd with it - sensors and stuff it's not just software......

RS Monitor fitted UK cars didn't come into the UK until late November 13 as there was a delay/problem with the software working with R-Link
If it's fitted as you look at the home screen on the top row of icons next to the weather and time there will be a chequered race Monica

Unless you do track days or what to see if you can improve your times going from work to home it's just a toy.

Hardly use it.

as above really

even on track i prefer to see my lines into the corners than whats going on on the silly screen

Have the RS monitor on the meg but i never use the screen on the dash part of it. Whilst driving you just simply can't watch the boost, horsepower used etc or things like that.

Laps time part of it would be useful for trackdays

0-60 time ive never bothered to look at

The most useful part though is changing the throttle map (although I just leave it set to 'extreme' all the time)

Have the RS monitor on the meg but i never use the screen on the dash part of it. Whilst driving you just simply can't watch the boost, horsepower used etc or things like that.

Laps time part of it would be useful for trackdays

0-60 time ive never bothered to look at

The most useful part though is changing the throttle map (although I just leave it set to 'extreme' all the time)

Thats the thing, pretty sure theres a few apps you can download on the car anyway which are quite similar, worth a try.

Get the bucket n sponge out

I know :glare:..

I cleaned it Friday night to get the dirt and crap off from Europe and it really was very clean, but went out last night for a meal and its was really wet down the country lanes ect and it now looks like I havent touched it for ages :smiley:

From RUK the RS Monitor can't be retro fitted, it has to be fitted on new builds spec'd with it - sensors and stuff it's not just software......

I've been told the same but honestly, I don't buy it. Temperatures, torque at wheels, gearbox info, wheel spin, position on track etc. can all be read from the ECU / ESP / GPS sensors that are in every car. I've asked specifically which sensors are missing and they had no answer - my guess is that maybe you'd need an accelerometer for the G-force graph but apart from that I can't see what else would need a special sensor.

So really, if they wanted, they could probably pretty easily create a "Lite" version of R.S. Monitor by just disabling a couple of read-outs from missing sensors and provide it to the early customers. But don't seem to care. My first disappointment with Renault Sport.

I've been told the same but honestly, I don't buy it. Temperatures, torque at wheels, gearbox info, wheel spin, position on track etc. can all be read from the ECU / ESP / GPS sensors that are in every car. I've asked specifically which sensors are missing and they had no answer - my guess is that maybe you'd need an accelerometer for the G-force graph but apart from that I can't see what else would need a special sensor.

So really, if they wanted, they could probably pretty easily create a "Lite" version of R.S. Monitor by just disabling a couple of read-outs from missing sensors and provide it to the early customers. But don't seem to care. My first disappointment with Renault Sport.

This was what I was told when I enquired if could it be retro fitted after mine was delayed because they had snags getting it to run with r-link.

Or just down load the RS monitor app for your phone as a lite version it free!

That is a very different thing. In-car R.S. Monitor can show things like which gear is preselected in EDC, what are the temperatures inside the engine etc. Mobile app cannot (of course) provide any of these.

Took the car out for a quick blast this evening once I got home and grabbed a couple of pictures of it and a quick video on the GoPro to see what the exhaust sounds like outside and if you can hear it popping ect.. You definitely can! Im quite happy with the standard system now I know its not just noise inside the car..

14369876406_607b6a2103_c.png
GOPR0090-2 by Stevo-, on Flickr

14206407010_d2e1c449aa_c.png
GOPR0086-2 by Stevo-, on Flickr

Should have used the tripod mount as I got a little bit of blur where I was crouched down.

Last edited:
Lovely car :smile:

Thanks matey :wink:

Heres the video of the exhaust.. pleased with what it sounds like. Can hear it popping when rev'd at the start and a few changes it sounds quite nice.

[video=youtube_share;RPACHz7MkJE]http://youtu.be/RPACHz7MkJE[/video]

Can fault the sound for standard :smile: think I prefer the standard rip/pressure noise to aftermarket exhausts these days lol.

The Megane in particular I love the standard noise on.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1