Thinking Of Selling The 200...

If I were buying a 200 I'd probably buy a run about for 6 months.

There were a lot of £1k down, £199 a month deals done towards the end of 2009 - these will start coming back soon and the owners will probably hand the cars back.

hey, not a bad idea, banger with an MOT might be good fun. make a few tasteful mods etc :smile:

I should be ok for the next 2 months because the wife is a teacher so on hols and i could use her car if necessary. My insurance said they will only want to cancel if i get to mid july with no sniff of a purchase so have a bit of breathing space. Just need some of these 200 owners to get a reality check on their s/h prices :smile: Either that or i need a reality check in terms of how much they are worth...

Probably because no-one who has it will admit that it is too harsh, and instead rave about it to cover up their mistake.

lol

Based on that logic I guess everyone who has owned/praised the cup suspension has made a mistake.

Including all the journo's.

lol

Based on that logic I guess everyone who has owned/praised the cup suspension has made a mistake.

Including all the journo's.

Depends what you're used to. I came from a Panda 100hp to the 200. The 200 feels like an air sprung S-Class in comparison!

Sorry to hear that the original poster can't get on with theirs. I'm currently thinking of selling mine for some of the same reasons.

Been offered the Finance settlement from the dealer I bought it from, which I thought was a bit low considering they had one identical on their forecourt for £2.5k more. The more I think about it the more I'm tempted to just hand it back.

I took out a PCP so when it's up the market will be flooded with poverty spec Cups like mine.

Its called getting old when cup suspension is getting too hard for you. lol. State of the roads dont help though

lol, first day i had my car after 7 hours of driving i thought id have to change to standard suspension myself, but now i couldn't even consider it, i love the cup suspension

anyhow even the standard suspension must be a bit rough, its a sports car! :tongue_smilie:

the roads are so screwed now driving in anything isn't that great, my mates polo & all the fords i drive at work are just as bad as my car really, plus its fun dodging potholes as the 197/200 has sharp steering!

Last edited:
Chopping in the 200 against a DS3 1.6 HDI Diesel :tongueout:inky:.

Needs must :smiley:

Reasonably happy with £9,500 trade in on a bog standard FF in Glacier.

Going from 30 mpg to circa 60-70 will save some £££££ on the commute.

Don't get too giddy about the new MPG, as you will only get about 45-55, I tried to get the quoted MPG on a 400 mile round trip on m'way and was touching 55mpg!

I did the opposite to you, I traded my 60' plate DS3 in for my 08' Clio :smiley:

Don't get too giddy about the new MPG, as you will only get about 45-55, I tried to get the quoted MPG on a 400 mile round trip on m'way and was touching 55mpg!

I did the opposite to you, I traded my 60' plate DS3 in for my 08' Clio :smiley:
To get anywhere near quoted mpg you have to drive at the speeds they get their figures from.

steady 56mph for me on the commute.

Last time I was on a motorway in the 200 I got approx 22 MPG :wink: