Ultra racing

A2ON

Platinum Member
Someone fill me in on what they offer for the Clio and someone who has used there products .

I'm really after a breakdown of people WHO HAVE fitted them.

Not really worried about other cars or other thoughts .

Just want to hear from people who have fitted one , some or all of what they have on offer.

thanks

Front strut is great - I can feel the difference when going over speed bumps, the whole car feels stiffer now on the front. Definitely worth buying. Period.

Rear 4 point strut & rear ARB - I can't really tell the difference because when I had them fitted I had a run-in period with the engine so I didn't ride hard. However it seems like the rear is stiffer too now, but I can't tell you to buy it or not based on my experience. I just didn't feel the difference because I got used to it during the 2 month run-in period.

I have also a 22mm Clio Cup Racer front ARB fitted in combination with KW V3.

IMAG0669.jpg

IMAG0687.jpg

IMAG0689.jpg

IMAG0409.jpg

Last edited:
The RARB looks good but from there website the 4 point thing mounts in some strange places .

Is there not a guy on here who sells them ?

thanks for your input mate .

Anyone else got them

The RARB looks good but from there website the 4 point thing mounts in some strange places .

Yes, it mounts "on" the chassis (down) and up (on the upper right side I believe it has no effect but in the left side there is some stronger point if you can understand me), and not on the strut tower...

yes i get it and this is what i was refering too the upper left if you look at car from behind is on a seat fixing plate !

Is there not a guy on here who sells them ?

Anyone else got them

yes 519 automotive sell them i went up there the other week to get matched inlets fitted and he showed me them and he seemed to have quite alot of the range in stock for the 197/200

That's it. I think that the engineers at UR had good reason for it.

And it is very practical too. You lose very little space in the booth.

IMO it would do the same job if you cut the top bit off !

mounting it to something that thin and "flimsy" term used loosly but you get the idea will do next to nothing .

I really like the look of the RARB though and fitting it to a car without on normally makes a big diffrence . not that being tail happy needs any evolution my clio is mad enough lol

i wish the rarb was adjustable though for rain track days etc like the whiteline ones for the vxr astra i had

I agree, but don't know why did they go for that solution too if the upper mounting points are not stiff enough...

They can't be too flimsy, they're mounting points for the seats! Obviously those have to be strong for crash safety

yes 519 automotive sell them i went up there the other week to get matched inlets fitted and he showed me them and he seemed to have quite alot of the range in stock for the 197/200

seen those too, they look good, how did you get on with danny? had my inlets matched from him last oct time brilliant job he's done

Yeap, 519 Danny sells them, great guy and very helpful indeed. I'm getting mine (Front strut and RARB) fitted on Wednesday so I'll update on those soon.

I have also a 22mm Clio Cup Racer front ARB fitted in combination with KW V3.

I don't want to steal this thread but how did you find the 22mm FARB Raptor? According to ralphyBMW it was a big mistake messing with FARB prior to sorting out the back. PM me if you like. I would appreciate that. Cheers

Last edited:
Yeap, 519 Danny sells them, great guy and very helpful indeed. I'm getting mine (Front strut and RARB) fitted on Wednesday so I'll update on those soon.

I don't want to steal that thread but how did you find the 22mm FARB Raptor? According to ralphyBMW it was a big mistake messing with FARB prior to sorting out the back. PM me if you like. I would appreciate that. Cheers

It was one of the best mods on the suspension that I did. However, in the previous threads we have come to the conclusion that of might be the fact that I have KW V3 coilovers so the car handles different than the stock ones. A friend of mine with the Clio 200 managed to shave off 1s on the track just with the ARB and his stock is 21mm vs 22mm Cup racer one.

I feel that the car doesn't understeer as it did before.

Last edited:
the upper mounting points of the rear brace on the 200 are very solid pieces. That picture shows as thought they are a single sheet of metal. On the 200 they are actually inclosed, almost box section.

Very strong, and worth bolting too. The more of the chassis tied together the better.

But if anyone feels they know better, I am sure a few mins with an angle grinder will get you your perfect rear brace!

the upper mounting points of the rear brace on the 200 are very solid pieces. That picture shows as thought they are a single sheet of metal. On the 200 they are actually inclosed, almost box section.

Very strong, and worth bolting too. The more of the chassis tied together the better.

But if anyone feels they know better, I am sure a few mins with an angle grinder will get you your perfect rear brace!

well said

from the picture its still bolted to a box section and the other side is still braced a triangular section so not that weak...

If they have boxing support there is no real issue . Strange how they use that pic on their site though.

Thanks for the info, makes more scene now