Ultra racing

the holes are already in those positions, so its just a case of a nut and bolt.

Does the 'nut and bolt' fit in from inside the car or from the outside and needs the splash guard/inner wheel arch removing?

ok a bit of an update from me regarding the UR products.

I've read somewhere in the forum that ''people put rear anti roll bars and often end up in the ditch''. Well, this is definitely NOT the case. Unless of course they feel more confident with the car and they try to carry twice as much speed in the corners or something.

I fitted the front strut brace and the RARB on Wednesday. You can immediately tell when you've fitted the front strut brace as Raptor said but regarding the RARB that wasn't the case. it was pissing down and I couldn't drive the car as aggressively as I wanted so yesterday i gave it a blast and yes, oh yes, the car feels more balanced and the turn in is simply superb. I mean clio has endless amounts of grip anyway but trust me a very good car becomes better. You can actually feel the weight staying at the back during cornering making the job of the front outer a bit easier, hence more grip. This part SHOULD have come with the car, stock!

I also had a thorough talk with mark fish about anti roll bars in general, the guy does know his stuff and I've ditched the idea of putting a thicker ARB in the front. Now bear in mind that I fitted the bars alongside lowering springs and adjustable top mounts and running 2.1 degrees negative at the front. Maybe the whole package is responsible for transforming the car but trust me, that bit of understeer I used to have in hard cornering is now gone. My opinion? Get the RARB. It's a cheap and extra effective mod!If you are not happy you are more than welcome to shoot me:smile:

Last edited:
Better turn in etc, that will have far more to do with your extra camber!

Did mark fish set your car up?

Sounds like a good setup tho!

Better turn in etc, that will have far more to do with your extra camber!

Did mark fish set your car up?

Sounds like a good setup tho!

Yes mate it was Mark and probably you are right when it comes to camber-better turn in, that's why I mentioned it. It wasn't too much of a fiddling though because I'm running stock suspension. He set up the camber and the tracking, he did a magnificent job though, fiddling a bit then test drive it, fiddling - drive, and then again. He went out 4-5 times to make sure he was happy with the car.

I've read somewhere in the forum that ''people put rear anti roll bars and often end up in the ditch''. Well, this is definitely NOT the case. Unless of course they feel more confident with car and they try to carry twice as much speed in the corners or something.

I fitted the front strut brace and the RARB on Wednesday. You can immediately tell when you've fitted the front strut brace as Raptor said but regarding the RARB that wasn't the case. it was pissing down and I couldn't drive the car as aggressively as I wanted so yesterday i gave it a blast and yes, oh yes, the car feels more balanced and the turn in is simply superb. I mean clio has endless amounts of grip anyway but trust me a very good car becomes better. You can actually feel the weight staying at the back during cornering making the job of the front outer a bit easier, hence more grip. This part SHOULD have come with the car, stock!

I also had a thorough talk with mark fish about anti roll bars in general, the guy does know his stuff and I've ditched the idea of putting a thicker ARB in the front. Now bear in mind that I fitted the bars alongside lowering springs and adjustable top mounts and running 2.1 degrees negative at the front. Maybe the whole package is responsible for transforming the car but trust me, that bit of understeer I used to have in hard cornering is now gone. My opinion? Get the RARB. It's a cheap and extra effective mod!If you are not happy you are more than welcome to shoot me:smile:

Nice right up and I'll put it on the list!!!!

I've read somewhere in the forum that ''people put rear anti roll bars and often end up in the ditch''. Well, this is definitely NOT the case. Unless of course they feel more confident with the car and they try to carry twice as much speed in the corners or something.

why dont you take off the rarb and see then how it feels....

IMO it would do the same job if you cut the top bit off !

Well that's not true at all, twisting a straight section will always be easier than a square/rectangle

It's not a strut brace at all tbh (convenient name to save confusion) it's strengthening the rear axle mounts

hi Raptor and Yiannis and all

I am so impressed about your car fitted with these UR products.
I have a red Clio 197 and mainly using it on track-days, so its not a daily commuter at all.
I feel and even hear, that on track-days my car' body is whining, groaning, making noise, so its not stiff enough.
Looks like these UR products will be the solution!

Can you please help me, which one is a must buy from the 4 UR products? How do you choose between them?

If I understand you correctly, you have the front strut brace (FSB), the rear anti-rollbar (RARB) and the rear strut brace (RSB). not clear that you have the front lower brace or not (FLB).

Currently I have a non Cup 197, with normal road tires, but want to upgrade to semi-slicks (Federal probably)
Therefore I would improve the front suspension with FSB and FLB, which would make the front stiffer, giving more grip hopefully. My front camber is -1 degree the caster is +5 degree 20 mins with stock coil-overs but my problem is, that I can not change the camber and caster! How do you change these settings/degrees?

but as I understand you guys, most of you installed RARB and RSB also. Why is it important to make the back stiffer, please?

Lots of questions, I know, but I want to learn and improve my RS 197 :smile: Can you share with me as much experinece as you could , pls?

cheers,
Tamas

Hello,
I'm planning on buying an Ultra Racing 2 point front strut bar (UR-TW2-990) for my Renault Clio RS 200 (mk3 2012). I was told that this bar might not fit cars produced after 07/2011. Since my car is 2012 I'm a bit worried that brace won't fit.
I've attached a picture to my post. Would you be able to measure actual distance between 2 bolt holes (marked by green arrow on the picture)? I'll check if it's the same as on my car.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• brace.jpg
    brace.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 47
Hello,
I'm planning on buying an Ultra Racing 2 point front strut bar (UR-TW2-990) for my Renault Clio RS 200 (mk3 2012). I was told that this bar might not fit cars produced after 07/2011. Since my car is 2012 I'm a bit worried that brace won't fit.
I've attached a picture to my post. Would you be able to measure actual distance between 2 bolt holes (marked by green arrow on the picture)? I'll check if it's the same as on my car.
Thanks in advance for your help!
[MENTION=51010]madlynx[/MENTION] The strut bar will not fit you car as you have the smaller top mounts. All the other braces like the rear arb, rear boot brace and the front under chassis brace will still fit.

@madlynx The strut bar will not fit you car as you have the smaller top mounts. All the other braces like the rear arb, rear boot brace and the front under chassis brace will still fit.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Can you suggest another upper front brace for my clio? I'm looking everywhere but it's impossible to find :worried:
Thanks in advance.

[MENTION=51010]madlynx[/MENTION] tbh i don't think anyone does a strut bar for the newer 200's, Ktec maybe