whats best alloy cleaner to use?

i was told its fine to youse as much as you like but i only use it when my wheels are realy dirty somthing that works that well cant be 100% good for your wheels imo

Best wheel cleaner I have used is Zymol's but at £20 for 650ml it's expensive.

Valetpros Billberry is really good too and very good value!!

Muck-off as it's non acidic and can be used on the whole car, leave it five minutes and pressure washer takes most if not all the crud off the outside off the wheels and the lower panels.

Insides require a brushing and if you've left it too long between washes you'll need something more aggressive anyway.

I use autosmart smart wheels, meant to be as good as the billberry and you can buy it by the gallon

www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

Its great stuff for regular cleaning, but you might need something stronger if they are really caked!

Hi Mate.

Awsome silver F1 spec clio you got and Recaro's. They look part leather and suede?

I am going to get some Bilberry juice to replace the pretty good wonder wheels wheel cleaner that I have at present. Wonder Wheels does do a brilliant job on my alloys I must admit, but there are some places on the outside of the alloys where the brake dust and grime is really stubborn and tough to get off that wonder wheels won't. :worried:

I am going to get some bilberry juice to get through the tough stuff. I have never done the inside of my alloys, would I be ok to pressure washer them down first with water or snow foam them first and spray a bit of bilberry juice in with the snow foam whilst it's working on dry wheels? I hope it won't damage or peal off the inner alloy paint??

I will appreciate if you could get back to me dude!! :smiley:

Cheers,

Chris

If wonder wheels won't get it off billberry certainly won't.

Billberry is good, not because it gets rid of grime but because it does it without harsh chemicals.

Best way to keep nice wheels is wax them and use a nice safe cleaner. I wax mine with Zymol concours and clean with Zymol wheel cleaner.

Bilberry + poorboys wheel wax 3 coats job done so easy to keep clean after then

+1 for me too on the bilberry, awesome safe cleaner.

If wonder wheels doesn't remove something then nothing will I guess. Its pretty darn harsh. Refurb? :scared:

For the inside I would have the wheels off and stick a de greaser on first. PW all the crud off and then get some bilberry on there, should come up a treat!

Also seal 'em so you dont have to do It again for a while!

Detailing world should have all the tips you need if you wanna check it out.

Hope that helps!

Hi Mate.

Awsome silver F1 spec clio you got and Recaro's. They look part leather and suede?

I am going to get some Bilberry juice to replace the pretty good wonder wheels wheel cleaner that I have at present. Wonder Wheels does do a brilliant job on my alloys I must admit, but there are some places on the outside of the alloys where the brake dust and grime is really stubborn and tough to get off that wonder wheels won't. :worried:

I am going to get some bilberry juice to get through the tough stuff. I have never done the inside of my alloys, would I be ok to pressure washer them down first with water or snow foam them first and spray a bit of bilberry juice in with the snow foam whilst it's working on dry wheels? I hope it won't damage or peal off the inner alloy paint??

I will appreciate if you could get back to me dude!! :smiley:

Cheers,

Chris

If wonderwheels doesn't touch it then I'd suggest trying some Iron X or the equivalent made by wolfs (deioniser gel or something like that)

If wonderwheels doesn't touch it then I'd suggest trying some Iron X or the equivalent made by wolfs (deioniser gel or something like that)

+1 good shout. Iron x is pretty cool, great to watch...if your sad like me:innocent:

I used to use Dodo Juice Mellow Yellow, i found it dried onto the wheels too quickly, also needed to be worked in and if the wind caught it and it sprayed your eyes, my god did it sting.

Bilberry is fine for a budget product. I have had 10x full diluted spray bottles out of my 1 litre so far, with another 1/3 of the bottle to go. Excellent for the price.

Sure there are better products, but my wheels get a good seeing to really regularly anyway.

As per other trhead, Bilberry is £9 overpriced - get some AS Smart Wheels as your main cleaner. For brake dust pitting, look for Wolf Chemicals Deironiser, which is similar to Iron-X, but nearly half the price!

Once clean, protect them :smile: