Which is better? Tar remover..

ok mates, in a few days i'll receive the AS Tardis :wink:

i ask you a clarification:
i'll must dilute or not?
is ok if i'll spray from a bottle directly to the area with the tar, i wait 30sec and after i'll continue with the normal sponge and shampoo?

sorry for the question but is a new product and use for me...

As far as I remember you don't need to dilute it, check the tin first though.

You need to spray onto the area and leave to work for a while, how long depends on the outside temperature (Don't let it dry) then wipe off with a microfibre cloth.

You need to wash the car before using tardis and then again after using it as it leaves a soft of film on the paint

I've inclosed the instructions in with the tardis simone.
And it's in an autosmart chemical proof bottle.

Spray on neat and wipe off.

This afternoon i'll use the tardis for the first time :wink:

I'll use in a different mode (i don't like use on dry surface and then wipe with dry towel) i prefer spray on the wet surface while i'm washing the car with the mitt.. ONLY WHERE there is tar.. (little surface)..

Do you like this method?

I have noticed tar spots on mine, couldnt get it off with clay so gave up in the end.

Will it damage the paint?

It shouldn't do any damage IIRC. It just looks awful. Why dont you get some of the Tardis stuff and try that!? I am going to be ordering some soon.

paul if you want some tardis i can get it for you as there is a autosmart 2mins walk from my house.
i can bring it to renault national meet for you.
think its about £20 for 5 lts
and about £3 for their spray bottles.

Prevention is better than the cure.

Get some good wax on it and you will have no problems with tar.

I don't even own a tar remover!!

Prevention is better than the cure.

Get some good wax on it and you will have no problems with tar.

I don't even own a tar remover!!

Me either.

Its just stone chips that are my enemy with the wafer thin, water based, french paint.

Me either.

Its just stone chips that are my enemy with the wafer thin, water based, french paint.

My main wax is Zymol concours but I top up the stone chip problem areas with race glaze 55 after most washes and after 4000 miles I have no chips.

Has anyone considered Dodo Juice Tarmalade?

It's not designed to be as effective, as quickly as Tardis, in fact, it's not really designed to compete with Tardis at all to be honest. It is a far nicer product to use, as it's not harsh at all and smells lovely, unlike tardis, which is quite the opposite.

It is also far better for removing isolated tar spots, which is what most passionate car owners, who care for their car, will come across as they tend to wash it regularly and use wax, which does definitely help to prevent the tar from sticking.

Last edited: