Worth swapping or selling my 200 for a diesel Audi

Ya can justify anything if worded right thou.... Like my 200 is a legitimate cost saving exercise for my business. I get more work done in a day as I can get between calls quicker :tongueout:

Although now my justification to buy a Jag X Type AWD is getting a little cloudy....

I used to get up to 57mpg out of my 320D on a run. I once saw 64, but i was early and driving like Miss Daisy. Around town it used to get about 45, so still pretty good and a fair saving in fuel over the Clio. It'll be a much nicer, more relaxed place to be on a long journey as well.

Although now my justification to buy a Jag X Type AWD is getting a little cloudy....

It's so you don't get stuck on your way to work.... ever. Didn't Clarkson ski from the back of one of them at one stage? :skiing:

^^ I genuinely never thought I'd find a reason to use that emotion :lol:

Hello

The mpg on the 200 is quite frankly poor, I wasn't expecting it to be great but on average I'm getting 26-28mpg which is 60/40 motorway and town.

It's costing me £140 a month just in fuel and I barely go anywhere!

I'm thinking of getting an Audi A4 TDi which seems to do 50mpg meaning I would almost half my fuel costs and that's not taking into account cheaper tax (I think?) and cheaper insurance.

I do like the 200 but the costs are just too high for a little French hatchback.

I reckon I could get 8k for the 200 and then put another 1k towards it and buy a decent A4.

Does this seem like a sensible move?

Anybody else done anything similar?

Plus I will be moving next year which means a 20 minute drive each way to work and sometimes I have to drive for work (although I claim this back)

Cheers

I have just done something opposite, coming from a new A1 TDI!

Yes the running costs are almost double, but already i am having more fun in the 200 than i ever had in the Audi!

Don't do it!!! :smile:

Better off keeping the Clio as a second car and spending £1k on some snotter that can drag you around.

Better off having a frontal lombotamy than an Audi. Either way both have the same effect.

Despite what that bloke down the pub might say, they aren't built that well either.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FunnyMan Clio 200 Area 15
chris_blue Spotted 0
MarcB eBay Finds 1
J Clio General Chat 3
Alex88 General Chat 2