Worth swapping or selling my 200 for a diesel Audi

Ya can justify anything if worded right thou.... Like my 200 is a legitimate cost saving exercise for my business. I get more work done in a day as I can get between calls quicker :tongueout:

Although now my justification to buy a Jag X Type AWD is getting a little cloudy....

I used to get up to 57mpg out of my 320D on a run. I once saw 64, but i was early and driving like Miss Daisy. Around town it used to get about 45, so still pretty good and a fair saving in fuel over the Clio. It'll be a much nicer, more relaxed place to be on a long journey as well.

Although now my justification to buy a Jag X Type AWD is getting a little cloudy....

It's so you don't get stuck on your way to work.... ever. Didn't Clarkson ski from the back of one of them at one stage? :skiing:

^^ I genuinely never thought I'd find a reason to use that emotion :lol:

Hello

The mpg on the 200 is quite frankly poor, I wasn't expecting it to be great but on average I'm getting 26-28mpg which is 60/40 motorway and town.

It's costing me £140 a month just in fuel and I barely go anywhere!

I'm thinking of getting an Audi A4 TDi which seems to do 50mpg meaning I would almost half my fuel costs and that's not taking into account cheaper tax (I think?) and cheaper insurance.

I do like the 200 but the costs are just too high for a little French hatchback.

I reckon I could get 8k for the 200 and then put another 1k towards it and buy a decent A4.

Does this seem like a sensible move?

Anybody else done anything similar?

Plus I will be moving next year which means a 20 minute drive each way to work and sometimes I have to drive for work (although I claim this back)

Cheers

I have just done something opposite, coming from a new A1 TDI!

Yes the running costs are almost double, but already i am having more fun in the 200 than i ever had in the Audi!

Don't do it!!! :smile:

Better off keeping the Clio as a second car and spending £1k on some snotter that can drag you around.

Better off having a frontal lombotamy than an Audi. Either way both have the same effect.

Despite what that bloke down the pub might say, they aren't built that well either.

Similar Thread Suggestions