Yiannis' Albi Blue R27 - Toning down...

Yiannis, between me and you, we're paying for Simon's holiday in Barbados this summer!!!! lol. Your eye for detail is superb, and absolutely love the centre console.

Very nice attention to detail.

I'd worry someone would try and pinch my diffuser if I had a carbon one. Someone tried to pinch Darren's akrapovic carbon tips and a diffuser comes off a whole lot easier! Hope you got that bad boy insured lol

is the leather gear gaitor the one from the twingo rs upgrade kit or a clio item?

i love the red cruise control buttons, the a pillars and that gaitor. not so keen on the whole glossy interior though :smile:

How has he got rid of the texture on the plastics, looks faultless?!

Apparently he treats the plastic somehow prior to spraying to smoothen it out. This process - according to SS - takes longer than the actual spraying itself!

Very nice attention to detail.

I'd worry someone would try and pinch my diffuser if I had a carbon one. Someone tried to pinch Darren's akrapovic carbon tips and a diffuser comes off a whole lot easier! Hope you got that bad boy insured lol

Yeah I know mate I thought of that myself tbh. And believe me it comes off very easily. Good shout re insurance, I haven't called them yet, too bloody busy but I have to get the finger out I suppose..

is the leather gear gaitor the one from the twingo rs upgrade kit or a clio item?

i love the red cruise control buttons, the a pillars and that gaitor. not so keen on the whole glossy interior though :smile:

Cheers mate. No, the gaitor is done by Steve@Edge, trader in here, I just asked him to embroider "Renault Sport" at the front and run the stitching at the back.

Just had a good catch up on this thread Yiannis and must say your car is looking superb with these new touches!

Thanks Chris:smile: how is your new baby going?

Shes alright, good mpg but getting very dull now, still saving for the Williams so I will be happy once thats sat im my garage :smile:

Since I replaced my head unit and not seen any sound improvements I've been having an itch for speaker upgrade. I never get around to do it because there was always something else till it was time to remove my door card to fit the newly sprayed door handles (SS hits again, pics to follow) and face the hard OEM speaker reality.

I was -negatively - impressed with how amazingly cheap the stock speakers are so I decided to bite the bullet and go for the safe option, Pioneer TS-Q131C.

I really don't know what the fuss is all about regarding the tweeters not fitting properly and the cover not flashing with the dashboard. They fit just right. The overall sound (loudness) has seriously improved, however I was expecting something better. These can perform in much louder volumes than the OEM ones without distorting but the sound quality hasn't improved that much. I was after quality and not volume but overall I'm happy, I wasn't expecting miracles from £60 gear.

Here are some crappy iphone pics;

null_zps238d01e2.jpg
null_zpsb283abd2.jpg
null_zps9dd2b652.jpg
null_zps70105638.jpg
null_zps894db932.jpg
null_zpsc3e385bd.jpg

And with the speaker covers;

null_zpseecfe92f.jpg
null_zpsb396f267.jpg

And some of the interior door handles;

null_zps62e0c44a.jpg
null_zpsbc0d1fe5.jpg
null_zps95b46710.jpg

Last edited:
Much better :smile:

I've just realised that the reason people struggle fitting the tweeters (me included) is because they fit the tweeter cover on before pushing the tweeter into the dash like you did. D'oh!

There is an Alpine amp you can buy that will make a good diffence to the sound. It doesn't need a connection to the battery either as it just plugs in between the stereo and the power cable. It's about £100 new. The amp will sit in the back of the glove box as well so there's not cutting or any trim to fit it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004H0V0GC/?tag=clio197-21

After that you can install an underseal sub and your setup will be complete :smiley:

Love the painted interior bits.

If you're stuck for something to do today (!) you might want to try swapping the Pioneer tweeters for the originals and seeing what that sounds like. When I installed my set of Pioneers the higher frequencies sounded terrible. I put the originals back in and it sounded much better. It was the lower/mid frequencies which always sounded terrible to me, so I was happy. I've got the Cabasse CD changer, so your mileage may vary as they say.

Joe