64mm enlarged TB finally fitted.

Just fitted 64mm throttle body, with a new butterfly thats been CNC machined to the precise angle to ensure a snug fit, 2mm ground aluminium plate with the spindle modified to suit.
Had some initial problems which were down to a faulty TB off fleebay. Finally after purchasing a new TB and sending it to be machined, fitted it yesterday and WOW. Best mod to date. More lower torque, pulls much harder and the noise!!! Really compliments the V6 airbox. Some smalls issues with the idle not settling but going to have the TB settings 're-set' tmw.

1000% a must IMO. Downside...cant stop driving it hard, gone through 1/2 tank of fuel today. The bloody noise.....

Last edited:
Seems brilliant .

Do you have any pictures of the modified body including the new butterfly ?

Good work litchy, just a thought maybe a remap will sort the idle.

Last edited:
It would be the same hose, as its the same standard throttle body with the inside diameter made larger, the outside is is same size.

I would be sweet if you had a dyno before/after.

It seems that "opening" the intake in our cars is a winner (V6 airbox, ported inlets, and TB now). :thumbsup:

I would be sweet if you had a dyno before/after.

It seems that "opening" the intake in our cars is a winner (V6 airbox, ported inlets, and TB now). :thumbsup:

Couldnt agree more. The extra torque is quite savage at times. If I hadn't done it myself, I'd never believe it. V6 airbox, plus ported inlets and TB, without willy wavin', I recon its close to 200bhp on RS tuning rollers. Certainly feels it cause I'm hanging onto the steering wheel when I press the bloody throttle. Like the V6 box, I think it would need a re-map to smooth out the power delivery.....

I recon you could do the lot for £600 plus remap (which most people do at some point anyway)

Last edited:
Update.It would appear the ecu has resolved the idle issue. Now as it should but took a couple of days/(x) miles......

Further update
Its strange but throttle response seems slower than normal with 3 gen sprintbooster turned off. Normally I have it set to GREEN but since trying it on RED, the more eager throttle response suits the larger TB. I say it again -this is not a standalone mod and given the increase of size of TB, really needs a remap to make the most of it.....V6 airbox was the same, 5bhp increase and smoother power delivery since RS tuning map.

Last edited:
That's always the trade off when you enlarge the TB, there comes a crossover point between response and extra grunt.

Is it much slower to respond? Do you think you're more likely to notice it if you're used to having the SprintBooster on?