64mm Throttle Body

So i bought a 64mm throttle body last week and fitted it on saturday, revs were obviously jumping around as it does.

Car has started idling normally at 1000rpm now, but seems as if i have lost power :worried:.

Has anyone had the same kinda problem? Or will it just take a little bit more time for the ecu to get used to the bigger throttle body being on? As i am contemplating taking it off...

Some info would be much appreciated

Already read that several times and gives me no answers as to why I feel a lack of power!

put the old one back on.....if it feels better then the 64mm isnt working right...

if you search further back theres been a few play up!

My old one went tits up after a few days on the car. Put standard back on and all was good.
I've since purchased another 64mm and all is well with this one (touch wood).

As said if it doesn't feel right, it's probably not.

Bought it off of here in the for sale section, previous owner said was fine on his car and he had also bought it off the forum off somebody and was running fine on his, you reckon it might just be my clio?

Bought it off of here in the for sale section, previous owner said was fine on his car and he had also bought it off the forum off somebody and was running fine on his, you reckon it might just be my clio?

its not your car mate it'll be the TB i'm afraid

i bought a 64mm TB in a group buy a good while back and unfortunately mine was one of the ones that didn't settle,i put up with it for months as the car was mapped with it on so i didn't want to go back to standard....recently though i bought another standard TB and had that machined to 64mm,fitted it last week and it works perfectly

Dammit! Haha. I'll just have to take it off and buy a another one then :worried:. Should my car just go back to normal once I put the standard 60mm back on? Should the power I seem to have lost come back? Lol

Dammit! Haha. I'll just have to take it off and buy a another one then :worried:. Should my car just go back to normal once I put the standard 60mm back on? Should the power I seem to have lost come back? Lol

i honestly don't know how the cars lost power,can't see how that could happen from changing a throttle body,have you tightened it right?

if you buy another standard TB then i'd go for one as new as possible as the little hairs inside them get tired and apparently cause the idling problem

speak to a lad called gav who's listed on ebay i beleive,he machines them for £60,i sent him mine on a monday and it was back with me on the friday as he has loads of outer shells already machined so he just swaps the internals over from the TB you've sent him

i just gave him a ring,sound bloke and top service

gav - 07731 317061

I have had two done by Gav...both work 100% and I had no issues..!! I can not recomend his work enough..!!

Look in the for sale section for my spare one..!! As you had problems with your last one and I don't really need this one £60 posted..!! Then you get to keep you standard TB

Stu197 I may take you up on that I'll drop you a PM later on as am on my phone at the minute,

Mitch 1990, am not sure if that would fit on my 197 cause it would have came off a 200?

i honestly don't know how the cars lost power,can't see how that could happen from changing a throttle body,have you tightened it right?

if you buy another standard TB then i'd go for one as new as possible as the little hairs inside them get tired and apparently cause the idling problem

speak to a lad called gav who's listed on ebay i beleive,he machines them for £60,i sent him mine on a monday and it was back with me on the friday as he has loads of outer shells already machined so he just swaps the internals over from the TB you've sent him

i just gave him a ring,sound bloke and top service

gav - 07731 317061

Ok thanks mate, I'll keep him in mind
:thumbsup:

Stu197 I may take you up on that I'll drop you a PM later on as am on my phone at the minute,

Mitch 1990, am not sure if that would fit on my 197 cause it would have came off a 200?

it'll fit mate,late 172's,182's,197's and 200's use the same throttle body

why not put up with the dodgey idling from your 64mm TB for a couple of days and send your standard on to gav,just a thought but it will save you a fair few quid

it'll fit mate,late 172's,182's,197's and 200's use the same throttle body

why not put up with the dodgey idling from your 64mm TB for a couple of days and send your standard on to gav,just a thought but it will save you a fair few quid

Okay I wasn't entirely sure if they were all the same.

Yeah I think that's what I'll do, do I just send him the tb and just pay him £60 threw PayPal? If you say he does a good job then I'll take your word for it :smile:.

Also would you recommend putting the 64mm tb on and have it running properly before getting a re-map? As I was going to book my 197 in the next few days to get mapped. Thought I'd ask you as you've already done it :smile:

Okay I wasn't entirely sure if they were all the same.

Yeah I think that's what I'll do, do I just send him the tb and just pay him £60 threw PayPal? If you say he does a good job then I'll take your word for it :smile:.

Also would you recommend putting the 64mm tb on and have it running properly before getting a re-map? As I was going to book my 197 in the next few days to get mapped. Thought I'd ask you as you've already done it :smile:

yeah mate thats exactly what you do,just shot him a text or call and he'll give you his address then pay via paypal

as for the map,your right in your thinking again matey,all mods should be fitted before mapping to get the best out of them,...its an expensive way to go but tbf a lot of people never get there map tweaked after fitting mods so they don't produce the claimed figures.

who's mapping your car mate?

yeah mate thats exactly what you do,just shot him a text or call and he'll give you his address then pay via paypal

as for the map,your right in your thinking again matey,all mods should be fitted before mapping to get the best out of them,...its an expensive way to go but tbf a lot of people never get there map tweaked after fitting mods so they don't produce the claimed figures.

who's mapping your car mate?

Right okay that's what I'll do :thumbup1:

Yeah I thought that would be the case, well am up in Scotland near Aberdeen, there's a garage called Wallace performance, few of my mates have been there several times and they've always done a top job :smile:. It's the only place close to me that has a rolling road iswel so will get that done at the same time :smile:. Booked it in this morning for the 16th of April, so away to start counting the days down haha.

Thanks again for all the info mate, it's much appreciated :thumbup: