Battlefield 3

Anybody else really underwhelmed by BF3? Playin on live there is not 1 Hardcore game in the world ... theres no point playing the game on anything but hardcore,and this whole server thing really sucks. Lag is awful. Regardless of where it is.

BF2:BC is 1000 times the game this is.

Think this may be traded in for a pc version very soon.

Last edited:
I've resisted, even on pc it's £35-£40 which I think is extortionate.

There there's this crap about 'Origin' basically scanning you're whole machine for some reason along with some dodgy Ts&Cs.

I'm giving it a week or two and will see what people are saying then.

I'm on some private multiplay servers this weekend and enjoying every moment of it. But try the =E= servers if you want a challenge. They're usually pretty good there.

My Origin name is Digi75.

Online is a joke at the mo. will get in one game in 20 attempts. Once it's fixed I'd imagine it be awesome.

I'm playing it on PS3, really like it although not played the campaign yet!
I do love BFBC2 very much, and i hope they introduce a hardcore mode on the new multiplayer but the graphics are much nicer but has anyone manager to flay a helicopter without crashing yet!!!?

No hardcore on ps3? Jesus. On Xbox when searching for server you can choose normal/hardcore/infantry. Hardcore is where the party is at but they don't seem to have a lot of servers.

Honestly can't play in normal. You line up a shot with the sniper. Good long range one, fire in advance of where they will be, hit him in the chest, fire a second shot which also hits and he's still running!

The graphics I'd say look no better than BFBC2. The motion of the people is more fluid, but it's clear the console is suffering from age now.

Might give it a week the see where we are

ive spent a grand total of 2 hours playing online, its just awful. All they had to do was make it exactly the same as BFBC2 with the extra prone and some new maps. They've broken a very good game.

If you want to piss about finding servers thats what pcs are for. Really annoyed at this.

In hardcore for the whole of europe, there are 5 servers, one with Conquest on it. ONE!!

There appears to be 23 hardcore servers for the world.

They presold 10 million copies of this game before it even released, how can this be so rubbish???

Ill bet duke nukem has better online play than this.

I play on PS3, there are about 20 servers for Hardcore so I don't know what game you're playing kosluk lol!

Haven't had any lag issues either. But like you say, its BFBC2 with a few extras chucked in. No Idea where this Frost bite 2 engine is?

Steve

Well this is a bit of a let down, I was looking forward to bf3, ive not bought it yet as I haven't even had chance to finish gears yet!

No doubt I'll buy it anyway along with cod. But for me BF is the better of the two.

Pc gameplay is smooth depending on your system specs etc , Online i dont have any lag issues either ,

if anyone's a pc gamer and has bf3 drop me of jonsey a message as we all play on 1000fraggers server which we are in a community we all use teamspeak 3 too :smile:

Leigh

I play on PS3, there are about 20 servers for Hardcore so I don't know what game you're playing kosluk lol!

Oh.... ok i need to look harder! I must admit the new menu is a little disjointed and i haven't got used to it yet.

Whats your Game ID i'll look you up, i'm 'GoldenBreed' so you know

Lag is aweful online. Thats if i can find and get on a server. Havent tried Hardcore, as there just isnt enough available, and im not waiting for hours to get a game. Just want to get stuck in.

I started playing on Thursday and in typical style, everyone else seems to have got the game 1 week early and has unlocked everything, so you can barely get a kill. Finished my best game with 17 kills. Either that, or its all kids that have nothing better to do but play all day every day. I have a life, work, dogs and my own food to cook, so at a major disadvantage.

Xbox 360. Love the game, but the server situation needs sorting out majorly.

Get this, i only got 1 kill on a major conquest game. But i scored so many points from captures, that i finished 3rd in my team.

gave it a second go yesterday. Now over 300 hardcore servers. Its actually a really good game, graphics arent any better than BFBC2 and there is still a tiny bit of lag which needs sorting out. My soldier keeps inching forward even when i dont want him to. Doesnt ruin the game but its a pain in the neck when your using a sniper rifle and you edge off a rock or ledge lol

gave it a second go yesterday. Now over 300 hardcore servers. Its actually a really good game, graphics arent any better than BFBC2 and there is still a tiny bit of lag which needs sorting out. My soldier keeps inching forward even when i dont want him to. Doesnt ruin the game but its a pain in the neck when your using a sniper rifle and you edge off a rock or ledge lol

I agree on the whole inching forward front. Its a pain in the a$$. Much easier to get a game now also. `Not been disconnected on any midweek game.

After a few updates are people playing this, or have you all given up? I love this game and have recently taken to flying the attack helicopters :smiley: . Ive put in about 70hours online now. At a decent level and got most of the unlocks.

Similar Thread Suggestions