Best mods for a 197

Hi guys, ive got a 06 197rs and ive took the mid box out and fitted a k&n panel filter. I want to look at de-catting it but i beleive theres a secondary cat on these. I have seen the de-cat pipes to replace the secondary cat but not for the main cat, (is it part of the manifold)
Will a re-map solve the flat spot issue?

Yep, theres a secondary cat on them which is a simple decat pipe as you've already seen. This does cause a slight flat spot that remap will minimise but not eliminate. As for the first cat in the manifold/downpipe part of the system, very few have taken this out as I don't believe there's any advantages. It'll fail mot for sure and cause a large flat spot that a remap will do little to help.
Better off decat pipe for second cat, and if you want more sound get an aftermarket system. Do it properly not half arsed if you see what I mean.

Im just looking for power so wont touch the main cat then. Will get the secondary one removed, want to do the mods before i look at getting a re-map. Mite strip it and fit a cage not sure yet.

If you're looking for extra power then you've got an uphill paper round ahead of you!!! :smiley:

I understand i wont get much if any power gains as i am aware i would need cams, pistons ect to see a big increase.
What mods are reccomended for the 197?

I understand i wont get much if any power gains as i am aware i would need cams, pistons ect to see a big increase.
What mods are reccomended for the 197?

even cams etc dont see massive gains, to get those you are looking at forced induction or a RS Megane engine swap.

You have done the mods most do, other than a remap to help driveablity and smooth things out and your good to go.

The usual breathing mods and a bit of mapping is what most people go for.

Beyond that it becomes very expensive unfortunately.

my car is fully decatted and i have virtually no flat spot what so ever after having it mapped at RS Tuning,(had more of a flat spot with just the secondary cat removed oddly),sounds mental but as said very little peak power gains to be had,i did see a good rise in mid range torque though after removing the manifold cat

my car is fully decatted and i have virtually no flat spot what so ever after having it mapped at RS Tuning,(had more of a flat spot with just the secondary cat removed oddly),sounds mental but as said very little peak power gains to be had,i did see a good rise in mid range torque though after removing the manifold cat

^^ I'll second that. Sounds EPIC! :tongueout:roud:

Can the manifold cat be removed easily or is it a new manifold?

you cut the cat out of the manifold and weld the decat in,i paid £150 for the actual Y pipe itself iirc and £150 to fit it as you have to drop the subframe,IME the car ran like a bag of sh!t after fitting it so i had it mapped straight away,a further cost of an hour and a halfs labour mate

a lot of money for pops and bangs but i like it,:wink: