Big Bens non Clio

has anybody seen Ben??
200.webp

He's away riding on a massive wave of booooooooooost! :smile:

Hope you're enjoying it all Ben, and it has all lived up to the hype and expectations! Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts! I imagine it's not so easy to type though when you've got the world's biggest smile on your boat race :smile::smile:

Reactions: Big Ben
Day started with trip to Engine Dynamics for mapping. Unsurprisingly(I’d told the missus I didn’t think it was quite right) car had a boost leak and wasn’t making much more than 200bhp!! Andy diagnosed the faulty recirc valve as the issue and we quickly settled on him fitting a new Forge recirc valve which I no doubt would’ve fitted in the future anyway!

Then came the fun part. Car was boosting properly no leaks so he fitted a set of 630cc injectors and started to work his mapping magic.

We’d discussed earlier what I wanted out of it and we agreed to hold a bit back just for reliability reasons really and to maintain most of the drive ability as well.

The numbers were 271bhp & 274lbft
Impressive in themselves but don’t tell the whole story. The car is so eager to boost with minimal lag. Full grip is pretty much there in all but 1st gear!
It just goes!! Any gear any revs and whoosh it takes off. I had a fully modded 5GTT back in the day and that was fast in a straight line. This would be alongside no question.

Very pleased with the work done by Chris @ Beaniesport and Andy @ Engine Dynamics. It’s exactly what I hoped it’d be and more.

Thanks for looking

happy days man..so happy for you..told you you would love it..a bit envious of your recirc..would love to have on etoo...

enjoy your boosted baby..well deserved mate

happy days man..so happy for you..told you you would love it..a bit envious of your recirc..would love to have on etoo...

enjoy your boosted baby..well deserved mate
Cheers Pav. Appreciate the tips and pointers you and Sean have given me along the way. Have helped no end mate:thumb:

Reactions: Sean197 and Pav
Glad you're where you wanted to be with this Ben. I'm looking forward to seeing it at the Christmas meal.

Day started with trip to Engine Dynamics for mapping. Unsurprisingly(I’d told the missus I didn’t think it was quite right) car had a boost leak and wasn’t making much more than 200bhp!! Andy diagnosed the faulty recirc valve as the issue and we quickly settled on him fitting a new Forge recirc valve which I no doubt would’ve fitted in the future anyway!

Then came the fun part. Car was boosting properly no leaks so he fitted a set of 630cc injectors and started to work his mapping magic.

We’d discussed earlier what I wanted out of it and we agreed to hold a bit back just for reliability reasons really and to maintain most of the drive ability as well.

The numbers were 271bhp & 274lbft
Impressive in themselves but don’t tell the whole story. The car is so eager to boost with minimal lag. Full grip is pretty much there in all but 1st gear!
It just goes!! Any gear any revs and whoosh it takes off. I had a fully modded 5GTT back in the day and that was fast in a straight line. This would be alongside no question.

Very pleased with the work done by Chris @ Beaniesport and Andy @ Engine Dynamics. It’s exactly what I hoped it’d be and more.

Thanks for looking
Glad it's finally done and you can now reap the benefits, I was reading this and was that excited a little bit of wee came out :smile: will obvs have a perv come Christmas!

Reactions: Pav and Big Ben
i need a passenger ride in a boosted clio. just to see what the fuss is all about. you need to come to spa next year, ben. :smile:

How exciting Ben, and always a shame to have to replace faulty parts with upgraded ones :wink:
You should have enough noise coming back out of the filter anyway - I know I'd go recirc if I had to.
If you're still there and have the time, I'm wondering if they can measure the bore of the Clio 200/220 EDC Performance Induction System where it meets the airbox, as am tempted to chuck a generic (un-oiled!) cone filter on the end of the pipe that connects to the airbox - I fail to see how Forge can charge £160 for such a kit! I'm pretty sure it's ~76mm but just seems tiny!
Oops missed this! Sorry

You certainly won't be bored at home for the next few weeks...bring on the 4th! Great figures as always with Andy, he is well and truly the man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dead chuffed for you mate.

Some really decent results there - perfect driveability sort of number without going crazy in a fwd!

really hope you enjoy it bud!

Very happy for you Ben, and so glad it has all been worthwhile. It must have been a bit agonising when things weren't moving along at first, but it was clearly worth the wait. I think your Xmas dinner will be going cold with the amount of passenger rides you'll be doing that Saturday :wink:

any more updates on this Ben??still enjoying showing your tail to more powerful cars??
I had a go on my private racetrack late last night and I’m still smiling
Getting on the power too early in the corners still. Boost kicks in and gets messy. Nowhere near as easy to control on the throttle as NA setup!!

Still amazed how much pull there is. I think the guy in the Audi S1 was as well:chris1: