Big Bens non Clio

I had a go on my private racetrack late last night and I’m still smiling
Getting on the power too early in the corners still. Boost kicks in and gets messy. Nowhere near as easy to control on the throttle as NA setup!!

Still amazed how much pull there is. I think the guy in the Audi S1 was as well:chris1:

:shocked:
I believe his face looked like that

Reactions: Big Ben
Getting on the power too early in the corners still. Boost kicks in and gets messy. Nowhere near as easy to control on the throttle as NA setup!!

Still amazed how much pull there is. I think the guy in the Audi S1 was as well:chris1:
that's good then..i've been waiting to hear your initial thoughts :thumb:
the throttle response is something else completely!!glad i wasnt the only one getting used to a few new things after my conversion..
but it's fun,isnt it??:track:

think I've surprised a few porches around mine lately :sunglasses:

Reactions: Big Ben
that's good then..i've been waiting to hear your initial thoughts :thumb:
the throttle response is something else completely!!glad i wasnt the only one getting used to a few new things after my conversion..
but it's fun,isnt it??:track:

think I've surprised a few porches around mine lately :sunglasses:
The throttle response is the biggest change Pav. My old setup was appalling in comparison. Plus all that lovely torque lol.
Trackday is going to be a hoot. Still retained the fantastic handling and brake setup. Will now be able to overtake something in the straight bits as well:sunglasses:

Reactions: Sean197
this is hilarious :tearsofjoy:
let it be me so i have a nice footage of your tail for you
I’ll try my best mate... but you’ve got some nice numbers backing the Witch up!!

Edit: Get yourself a Forge recirc Pav. Noise is real good:thumb:

Get yourself a Forge recirc Pav. Noise is real good:thumb:

As in the noise that’s returned through the filter?
If that’s the case, I wonder if the Forge is better than the standard Renault unit on my 220...

As in the noise that’s returned through the filter?
If that’s the case, I wonder if the Forge is better than the standard Renault unit on my 220...
I’m not sure where the noise comes from but it’s different(better) with the Forge installed imo. Have a listen at Bedford
It’s like a quiet dump valve. Not sure it can be heard outside but it’s decent in the cabin especially on redline gear changes

Reactions: Micah

This made me laugh.....

Car forum members are known to have the highest ratio of long driveways / private test-tracks in history !

Glad 'testing' is going well. Keep it up though. Need to be aware of and prepared for every eventuality :smile:

Reactions: Benno and Big Ben
I’m not sure where the noise comes from but it’s different(better) with the Forge installed imo. Have a listen at Bedford
It’s like a quiet dump valve. Not sure it can be heard outside but it’s decent in the cabin especially on redline gear changes
yep mine has a recirc and makes a small turkey yelp when you pull off the throttle!

I’ll try my best mate... but you’ve got some nice numbers backing the Witch up!!

Edit: Get yourself a Forge recirc Pav. Noise is real good:thumb:
in the end it comes down to a driver,doesnt it??i still have to drive 170 miles trek home,so wanna finish the day in one piece without calling my break down company again :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

yeah i would like to get one,the noise is decent and it can be heard on the outside too..saw an EVO the other day with one fitted and it sounded good

This has made me chuckle, I bet he was left a tad red-faced after that...couple round my way that I'd love to shock like this!!

Ben,

Obviously I'm WELL late to the party here. Proper chuffed for you. This has got to be one of the smoothest conversion processes I've seen for a Megged Clio. Said at the time the little bit of extra time it took would matter for nowt. Looks like I was right.

Best bit is your map graph. Hilarious difference.

Super pleased to read all your happy reports on it. Would LOVE to have that sort of power in ours.

Top top work mate!

Reactions: Pav and Big Ben
Mes,

Thought we’d lost you?!

Conversion has gone pretty well thanks. Clio chassis can easily handle the extra power and torque which is great news.
Shame I had to ditch the NA to get the power I wanted but that’s life.

Glad you’re back posting bud

Mes,

Thought we’d lost you?!

Conversion has gone pretty well thanks. Clio chassis can easily handle the extra power and torque which is great news.
Shame I had to ditch the NA to get the power I wanted but that’s life.

Glad you’re back posting bud

Thanks mate. Really shite chest infection. Been on my arse. Then had to catch up with a LOT of work.

Back to normal now.

And yeah, you've lost a bit but you've gained a LOT. The chassis is just so bloody good it was always going to be able to handle the extra huh?

Most important thing, glad you're happy with it. Not gonna lie, the extra power and especially the torque has always been very tempting indeed!

Imagine theres some getting used to it - completely different power and driveability, so its probably tempting to treat it the same as the NA setup, and thats why your getting in a muddle with it. You'll get used to it and make it your own in no time!

Reactions: Johnny 99
Imagine theres some getting used to it - completely different power and driveability, so its probably tempting to treat it the same as the NA setup, and thats why your getting in a muddle with it. You'll get used to it and make it your own in no time!
Couple of hours on track and I’ll be golden:track:

Reactions: Johnny 99 and Beany