Can somebody please advise? (breaks)

Breaks have failed MOT. Apparently they are out of allignment and need replacing, they were a little wobbly on breaking so i guess i already knew they needed sorting

The link below seems like a steel?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEGANE-2-...lat_Gen:MK+III|Model:Clio&hash=item4606ea135d

i'm not clued up with breaks, but i know i should be paying around £200 for plain disks and pads at OEM quality..

why are they so cheap?

Also, i need new breaks obviously.

i don't go on track, i just potter about with the occasional country road blast
Where can i get replacment disks and pads that are a decent price!

seriously have a look in this section there are numerous threads all about BRAKES....

One comment really, it's a bit like a £50 crash helmet, if you have a £50 head you buy a £50 crash helmet, after all you are not going to crash so you will not need an expensive one. Brakes are the same, you don't really need to spend much on them because you don't really need to use them. I put my value on my life as I only have one unlike a cat ,that has several, so I buy genuine Renault. They are not expensive, unlike the Chinese copies sold by Eurocarparts etc. you have a 200 bhp car, which you bought for a reason, it looks good standing still. If that is the case you don't need brakes just ones that look good. Ok it was several comments. This is not directed at anyone just my opinion on cheap breaks

Womble your talking to your self, people aren't interested. Because is has brembo stamped on it, it has to be the same pad.

Ive just ordered some 2500's to replace some o.e fit pads.

They were £40, great for general driving, fade like **** when pressing on. No problems with fitment, and came in a brembo box.......

Either these are/were copy's or the compound is different.

Last edited:
Renault have changed the compound a number of times on the MK3 Clio (the last time was 2012 iirc), wether you can get it out side of Renault is another matter.

For the 265 (and presumably the 250) you can only get the correct compound from Renault.

Don't worry guys, thanks for the input

i went for the £200 hi carbon brembo disks with ferodo ds performance pads from ktec, fitting and feeling lovely!