can somebody put it to me very simply please

brakes!! Having read through a few posts I'm even more confused. Sorry I'm not very techincal but I try and

learn as much as possible.

I own a clio 200 FF and have already done one track day last year, planning on doing another this summer. I use it

for road use aswell but tend to drive fairly hard as using a van for my daily drive sends me under!!

My standard brakes let me down on the last track outting unfortunately :worried: Receiving 'juddering' through the wheel and fade after only 2 hard laps. Disapointing, expected more from my Brembos.

So what brakes do you recomend? Brake fluid too? I have a budget of £200, so just pads or will it stretch to calipers too? I'm confused as to why people use different brands for front and rear?

Please enlighten me! :thumbup:

I will end up just buying whatever you guys recomend so I can get it sorted, thanks.

The best way you could improve your braking is by checking the pads arent seized into the calliper. Then possibly braided brakes lines with some high performance pads like ferodo ds2500.

Replace fluid with ate super blue it's cheap about 12 a litre.
Replace front pads with something decent like ds1.11. That's all you need. Don't even bother upgrading rear brakes.

Pads and fluid is about all you'll get out of £200, I wouldn't personally recommend DS2500s though as they always left deposits on the disc face for me. Probably not and issue if you had grooved discs.....
You can get CL RC5+s for £160ish and a couple of litres of fluid would take you to £200, the RC5+ is a better pad though you obviously pay for it too.

Of course that goes out the window if you need someone to fit them as well for £200 :tongueout:

I wouldn't personally recommend DS2500s though as they always left deposits on the disc face for me. Probably not and issue if you had grooved discs.....

They're supposed to. The transfer of material from the pad to the disk is perfectly normal. In fact in the bedding in instructions that come with DS2500 pads it says that if this goes away (ie your disks clean up) that you will have to repeat the bedding in process. Personally I run DS2500 pads and have never had an issue with them. I also run with Motul RBF660 fluid both of which you should be able to get in your budget. Best thing to do though is a proper brake service, front and rear to check that everything is working 100 percent.

They're supposed to leave you with juddering brakes every time you use them even remotely hard? :s

can't believe people are still recommending ate superblue for clio's. Do not use it, the blue dye dries out the clutch slave cylinder seal (shared resiviour on clio) causing a very annoying squeak and more than likley premature wear. Loads of info on this forum about it, a few haven't experianced it but it just isn't worth the risk. I had it happen to me, took a week but the squeak appeared sure enough. swapped out to motul and took a few days but fixed it.

stick to motul rbf600/660 or castrol srf is good too.

yellowstuff are good pads and well priced, bit of squeal (which i like) but bite from cold and nice and resistent to fade. i've been running them for a while on a couple of cars and no issues, alot of hate for ebc but the yellows are all good. conversly i've had mintex m1144's fall apart literally despite many praising them...
the CL RC pads are good, but i've read alot of negative feedback about the corrosive deposits they leave. afterall this is a road car not a tatty track only so id avoid for that reason only.

I run rc5+ with srf fluid. I would start there and then save for grooved discs.

Have a strip down of the calipers and you should be good.

I would say if you go the CL pad route then you need race fluid, i had RC6 and yes i put them on the meg but they produced tons of heat on track.

to answer your why different front and rear pads. The rears do very little so they are less essential.

as everyone else has said it may just be you need to strip the brakes down, this is especially noticeable if you have to press the brake pedal more.

Personally I would stick with OE stuff.

Have used mine on track a few times and don't feel the need to upgrade fluid etc. when the standard stuff is spot on.