Clio 197 steady progress

Personally wouldn't go black, looses the detail of the wheel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent Saturday prepping and spraying my diffuser and interior trims. Not quite finished the if but of trim yet but I think it's turned out alright.
Just ordered some exhaust trims and clamps, pressed metal plates and black plastidip to spray the door handles.
Got my insurance renewal quote through so that's most of this months pay gone but not bad for one of these when I'm only 19 [emoji51]
03a419e49591f30def2d45c8592f3898.jpg6d1efebf572afb67bcb92a96d8168b16.jpgda3a1c2e396798c673f4efed7880847c.jpg

Is the diffuser finished?looks like you missed some bits..did you prime it?

Thinks it's the light. It doesn't look like this in person. Bit patchy at the back but it looks good in all the parts you'll be able to see on the car. And yeah I primed it

Got to say I do love the blue 197s, making me regret getting a white 200 after looking at some of your pics!

Just a question about the flat spot, have you checked your MAP sensor to see if its loose? Take a look at this post. If it's loose it can cause a vacuum leak, which apparently leads to a much more noticeable flat spot.
Mine was loose and I cable tied it to secure it and the car felt completely different, flat spot was a LOT less noticeable, maybe it's worth a shot on yours?

Let me know if it makes any difference to your flat spot
:smile:.

Got to say I do love the blue 197s, making me regret getting a white 200 after looking at some of your pics!

Just a question about the flat spot, have you checked your MAP sensor to see if its loose? Take a look at this post. If it's loose it can cause a vacuum leak, which apparently leads to a much more noticeable flat spot.
Mine was loose and I cable tied it to secure it and the car felt completely different, flat spot was a LOT less noticeable, maybe it's worth a shot on yours?

Let me know if it makes any difference to your flat spot
:smile:.

Thanks mate :smile: the flat spot was cause by me taking out the centre silencer. I think the map sensor is already cable tied up. It's gone now I've had it mapped. Thanks for the advice though [emoji3]

Good things happened recently [emoji38]. e24a808ef68d2e6b8cd4ab9e94eafc36.jpg
H&R springs fitted.
And my favourite bit.
6908296a3fd6ade986206af95a31ac66.jpg
Oz ultraleggeras.
Was a 480 mile round trip to get them but definitely worth it [emoji7].
Also bought some tpi bolt and locking bolts as the ozs show horrible old bolts off more than the standards. Painting the callipers and the hubs soon aswell.
Starting to come together now

Reactions: Sean197
Love the wheels, and the black handles. Really need to get mine done....

great stuff...why are you missing a bolt on each wheel?
what colour calipers will you go for??

great stuff...why are you missing a bolt on each wheel?
what colour calipers will you go for??

I don't think I'm missing any bolts. Well I hope not [emoji23]. Think it's because the locking ones I have on at the minute aren't the same colour but they're deffo on there

just red this thread from start to finish suscribed to keep an eye on it [emoji106]a fellow albi lol love the springs and wheels makes me wanna get the finger out n sort mine

just red this thread from start to finish suscribed to keep an eye on it [emoji106]a fellow albi lol love the springs and wheels makes me wanna get the finger out n sort mine

Cheers! Hopefully get a renaultsport splitter soon aswell then it'll be it for a bit

Spent the day painting my callipers. Took a lot longer than what I though it would so didn't get around to the back ones. 615ecb1360947f77d5058b80e4f92744.jpg
835cd2afd60ff17c12d70e26724f1b42.jpg
95bae173c781b4435c8c36d147e01cd0.jpg
Overall I don't think it looks too bad to say this is the first time I've done something like this, as long as you don't look too closely hahaha.
I also have some Brembo stencils that I will paint over next week if the weather is good as well as doing the rear callipers.