Creaking noise when turning the steering wheel....

Exactly the same mate. Renault will tell you that you need a new hub, this is not true.

R Sport in Wimbledon (Tel:020 8542 0042) can sell you the part for £39.98 + vat

Part number is: 8200438088 - Lower Ball Joint

No they can't be, they were replaced (lower ones, both sides) in July this year!

As I said, the sound comes from within the steering wheel, as if the cables have been mixed up in there or something...

No they can't be, they were replaced (lower ones, both sides) in July this year!

As I said, the sound comes from within the steering wheel, as if the cables have been mixed up in there or something...

the top ball joint in the hubs replaced as well?

also, balls joints are known to die if they havent been fitted correctly

No not the top ones Jonesy, only the lower ones.

Hm...is there an obvious way to check them then or I'd have to put the car on the MOT plates?

might be worth taking the steering column cowling off and making sure the air bag wires etc on the clock spring connection are all ok...

Exact same issue I posted with a vid a few days ago :worried:

I took it to a garage today and was quoted £175 to replace both ball joints. Is that about right? The sound is, as Yiannis said, from inside the cabin almost...doesn't seem right?

I can hear a little rattle noise when going over bumps, sounds like passenger side front wheel. At first i though it was sat nav parts in the glove box rattling but now im thinking perhaps it might be ball joints as people have mentioned in this thread.

guess ill have to speak to my mechanic and get him to take a look and confirm.

Meh...might just leave it, sell the Recaros then part X the car the following weekend (providing part x price is good)