Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

Fashion Chris ? Maybe.....

I find a pre-wash applied via pump or spray-gun attached to a hose followed by a jet-wash or powerful hose off does just aswell as a snow-foam in removing the majority of the crud before touching the paintwork.

Granted - doesn't look or feel as good and doesnt catch the neighbours attention like a snow-foam !

I think whatever is used as long as it loosens the dirt followed by the pressure washer is sufficient... I still like the snow foam though - can see the evidence on the floor.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Good work with getting the marks out Dale, that paintwork looks immense! That spray gun looks good too - I'm same as you in that I don't have access to a hose pipe/outdoor tap, so that could well be on the shopping list soon...

Good work with getting the marks out Dale, that paintwork looks immense! That spray gun looks good too - I'm same as you in that I don't have access to a hose pipe/outdoor tap, so that could well be on the shopping list soon...

Thanks Jimmy!

I'll post a quick review and some pics here when I get chance to use the foam gun on my car, might aid your decision buying one, we'll see how it does! :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy
Tried out my hand pump foam gun today!

LZKGlRol.jpg

Absolutely love it! Obviously it's never going to be as powerful as a pressure washer, but if you pump it to its max the pressure is very decent, and when used with just hot water it does a really good job at getting most of the grime off the car. It's definitely a good alternative to no pressure washer at all.

Anyway tried the demon foam shampoo stuff, and managed to decent coverage of the full car off one bottle filled with 1.5L of water.

Obviously it's hard to see because the car is white, but you get the idea...

oVMMoCH.jpg

Once I'd done the foam, I let it settle a bit and then filled the foam gun up with just hot water to rinse it off.

I didn't actually wash the car properly, infact I didn't even touch the car at all, I wanted to see how well the foam/gun could do on their own.

Here's a before and after picture of just using the foam gun (firstly with foam and then hot water on its own)

It's hard to see but there's a thin layer of dirt:
nc3tpEc.jpg

After:
6x2Daf3.jpg

It managed to get a lot of the dirt off, I'm really happy with it as it now means I can just use that instead of having to drive to my local garage and use the pressure washer for a few quid each time.

One last shot of once I'd finished! :smiley:

8U4IXKK.jpg

That looks a decent investment Dale. Where'd you get the pump spray from mate?

I've got the same spray bottle and struggle to get any decent foam mixture out of it. Just comes out very watery compared to my pressure washer with foam gun.

Might have to try a different foam as the ones I have don't seem to work, or my spray bottle is shite.

That looks a decent investment Dale. Where'd you get the pump spray from mate?

Got it from Amazon mate for £20.

I've got the same spray bottle and struggle to get any decent foam mixture out of it. Just comes out very watery compared to my pressure washer with foam gun.

Might have to try a different foam as the ones I have don't seem to work, or my spray bottle is shite.

What foam are you using? I'm sure the foam is fine and the gun is fine, you probably just need to adjust the amount you put in.

If you're using a small amount try more, or if you're using a lot try a little less? For reference I used 4 cap fulls of the demon foam stuff and it was fine for me.

Also I used really hot water, try that if you haven't already, might help.

Got it from Amazon mate for £20.

What foam are you using? I'm sure the foam is fine and the gun is fine, you probably just need to adjust the amount you put in.

If you're using a small amount try more, or if you're using a lot try a little less? For reference I used 4 cap fulls of the demon foam stuff and it was fine for me.

Also I used really hot water, try that if you haven't already, might help.

Great job Dale ! ALOT of crud removed for a contactless clean :smile:

Just watch the seals in the pump if the water is 'really hot'.

Happy detailing bro.

Reactions: Dystant
Great results with the pump sprayer, Dale, and a good little review! I think I will be going for one of those then, they sound like a good investment if they work well. The capacity is 1.5 litres - is that enough if you're using just water, or did you find you needed to keep refilling?

Great job Dale ! ALOT of crud removed for a contactless clean :smile:

Just watch the seals in the pump if the water is 'really hot'.

Happy detailing bro.

This is a good point actually, being pressure based wouldn't want to damage the seals. I'll use warm water next time :smiley:

Great results with the pump sprayer, Dale, and a good little review! I think I will be going for one of those then, they sound like a good investment if they work well. The capacity is 1.5 litres - is that enough if you're using just water, or did you find you needed to keep refilling?

I think the capacity is 2L, but you need to leave room in the bottle to build up some air pressure, so I wouldn't put it past 1.5L.

Using just water 1.5L does quite a lot, I think I refilled with just water 3 times, but I spent a lot of time on the wheels trying to get brake dust off. Refilling was easy though as I just brought a bucket of water out with me :smile:

With foam, I managed to get good coverage with just one bottle, but in future I'd probably use 2. Either this or mess with the concentration a bit, if it's less concentrated I imagine it would be thinner foam but spread a lot better, so I might try less foam shampoo next time see what happens.

Reactions: Jimmy
They'll come in handy for sure Dale :smile: Briliant for wing vents, badges, grilles etc on our cars.......

When you've got a few days spare. Read this complete thread about the guy who did a 3 MONTH detail on a BRAND NEW CAR on Detailing World !

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=81391

Or this one with the same guy detailing his Dyson hoover - i kid you not (@Chris ):

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38692

You'll see what 'problems' some people have..........

:smile:

Reactions: ///M and Chris
They'll come in handy for sure Dale :smile: Briliant for wing vents, badges, grilles etc on our cars.......

When you've got a few days spare. Read this complete thread about the guy who did a 3 MONTH detail on a BRAND NEW CAR on Detailing World !

Or this one with the same guy detailing his Dyson hoover - i kid you not (@Chris ):

Lmfao..

I love the action shot of the pump working...

Same here..used to go to my local shell garage but now I just use my bucket and plenty of water..good result:thumb:

They look like pencils with a trendy haircut!

Good buy Dale, living up to the name now :smiley: we've created a monster!

Reactions: Dystant

Just got around to checking these links out ... holy crap the guy with the Vauxhall is absolutely insane! So much attention to detail it's unbelievable!

Read a few posts near the end and it looks like one of his mates bought the car off him and then died not long after from a car accident :worried:

Just got around to checking these links out ... holy crap the guy with the Vauxhall is absolutely insane! So much attention to detail it's unbelievable!

Read a few posts near the end and it looks like one of his mates bought the car off him and then died not long after from a car accident :worried:

Really - what in the Astra ?

Reactions: Pav