Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

Yeah they are bud!

I've got Eagle F1 AS3s on the front, so I think I'm gonna replace them with those.

Mine had 3 near new Contisport 5'XL's on when i got it....and one 3 on the rear. Which was also cracking up badly !!

Getting AS3's sounds a good plan to make a matched set up......

Reactions: Dystant
Great results from the claying, Dale! I know what you mean about getting the detailing bug - I love cleaning my car, but when you've gone the extra mile, it's really rewarding!

I bought a Bilt Hamber clay bar, but never felt comfortable using it. I went for the clay mitt in the end and that's a lot easier. Still need plenty of 'lube' like with a bar, the finish is still brilliant though and the paintwork is so smooth afterwards!

Great results from the claying, Dale! I know what you mean about getting the detailing bug - I love cleaning my car, but when you've gone the extra mile, it's really rewarding!

I bought a Bilt Hamber clay bar, but never felt comfortable using it. I went for the clay mitt in the end and that's a lot easier. Still need plenty of 'lube' like with a bar, the finish is still brilliant though and the paintwork is so smooth afterwards!

Yeah once I'd finally finished claying after about 3 hours I ran my finger along the door and it was so smooth it was totally worth all the effort!

I'd read that Mitts are easier to use, the only downside to them is you can't get them in the tight spaces like you can with clay (like in between the windows etc).

Reactions: Jimmy
Today I used some of meguiars ultimate compound and a Farelca buffing pad to remove some pretty bad scratches I'd found whilst washing the other day.

Now I was a bit sceptical about this, people have said it's ruined their paint or made it worse or did nothing at all... I can now safely disagree with all of this as it's bloody amazing.

Don't get me wrong, it requires a lot of elbow grease and my arm is absolutely killing me now.

Anyway the evidence is in the pictures!

Front bumper before:

8IFUSUM.jpg

Front bumper after:

QZpD25u.jpg

Rear bumper before (difficult to see but you can see if you zoom in):

UdL29fo.jpg

Rear bumper after:

sHwW6o1.jpg

Door sills, this was really bad before, but again difficult to picture:

0hjzzC5.jpg

Door sill after:

pe7aFLD.jpg

There were a lot more as well all around the car that I managed to buff out, so all in all I'm really happy with the outcome.

If anybody has scratches that they need to get rid of but don't have access to an electric buffer, I'd highly recommend these:
The pad is great it's really easy to grip and spreads the pressure evenly.

You get two in the box, a white one for polishing and a black one for waxing, I'll be using the black one to apply my wax tomorrow :smiley:

Last edited:
It has bitten very hard indeed and I feel like it's only going to get worse :excited: :tearsofjoy:

Once you pop you just cant stop...... :smile: Looks ace Dale. The difference is plain to see. Brilliant......

You've now begun a routine of weekly washes, scoffing at the thought of using the local car / jet-wash and not only looking back at your car as you leave it - but walking around it and checking for the minutest of scratches and marks on your return !

LOVE IT !!

Got myself one of these bad boys!

Because I don't have access to a hose or electricity near my car, I can't use a pressure washer, but this thing is a hand pump pressure foam gun.

I've got some demon foam shampoo too to use with it.

Now I haven't had chance to use it on the car yet because it's dark now but I was just too excited and needed to use it ... so I tried it out against the tiles in the shower :tearsofjoy:

YRiFtECl.jpg

I have to say it does foam pretty well, and the demon foam stuff smells amazing!

You have to pump it every 10/15 seconds or so, but it's a good alternative to having no foam at all :smiley:

Last edited:
Demon Foam. Is that PH neutral / wax friendly Dale ?

Wouldnt want you stripping that wax off..........

Hand-pumps like you've bought are great - and can be used for applying many lotions and potions. Deffo not a wasted investment whatever happens in the future !

As a discussion topic: alot of folks on Detailing World dont snow-foam any more (Too messy and often doesn't actually remove that much crud prior to actually having to touch the paintwork..........me included). Theres quite a few fairly recent posts on this very topic.

Many just apply a pre-wash in the same manner......often through a hand sprayer such as you've got. And there's quite a few comparison videos showing the after effects of Snow-Foam V's Citrus type pre-cleaners on DW too.......

Worth a thought / try ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121472729878?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

As a discussion topic: alot of folks on Detailing World dont snow-foam any more (Too messy and often doesn't actually remove that much crud prior to actually having to touch the paintwork..........me included). Theres quite a few fairly recent posts on this very topic.

Many just apply a pre-wash in the same manner......often through a hand sprayer such as you've got. And there's quite a few comparison videos showing the after effects of Snow-Foam V's Citrus type pre-cleaners on DW too.......

Worth a thought / try ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121472729878?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

To be honest I'm not sure if it's PH neutral and I'm struggling to find anything online to say whether it is or isn't...

That citrus pre-wash thing looks good actually, and would be less messy than the foam as you said, might be worth a shot! I'll do some research into it on DW.

I think you need a new title on the forum ... "Detailing King" :tearsofjoy:

To be honest I'm not sure if it's PH neutral and I'm struggling to find anything online to say whether it is or isn't...

That citrus pre-wash thing looks good actually, and would be less messy than the foam as you said, might be worth a shot! I'll do some research into it on DW.

I think you need a new title on the forum ... "Detailing King" :tearsofjoy:

Hardly mate. I've just been at it longer than you - and only picked up a few tricks and tips from being pointed in the right direction along the way......

Most detailing products that are ph neutral / wax safe will boldly and proudly say so ! Its what every detailer who's put in blood, sweat and tears to apply the wax needs and wants to hear. They dont want to then spend more time and money speeding up the removal process. Nature is good enough at that as it is.

You wont catch me applying anything i dont know about or using anything with any products of any sort at the local jet-wash for example (Only ever use it for removing crud / mud from under arches or underneath in plain water mode as it saves messing my own drive up !).

Just something to bare in mind buddy. Enjoy the fruits of your labour when waxing this weekend !!!

Worth a thought / try ?

Blimey that is a surprise to read Syer. Ive not visited DW for quite a while but them guys go through so many cycles of what they say washes a car better and what doesnt lol... In a few years time they will be back to snow foam....

Hardly mate. I've just been at it longer than you - and only picked up a few tricks and tips from being pointed in the right direction along the way......

Most detailing products that are ph neutral / wax safe will boldly and proudly say so ! Its what every detailer who's put in blood, sweat and tears to apply the wax needs and wants to hear. They dont want to then spend more time and money speeding up the removal process. Nature is good enough at that as it is.

You wont catch me applying anything i dont know about or using anything with any products of any sort at the local jet-wash for example (Only ever use it for removing crud / mud from under arches or underneath in plain water mode as it saves messing my own drive up !).

Just something to bare in mind buddy. Enjoy the fruits of your labour when waxing this weekend !!!

I just assumed that anything used for cleaning a car would be safe to the paintwork/wax etc...

2PxY1Mem.jpg

I'm going to assume that picture in the red diamond means that it's definitely not PH neutral :tearsofjoy:

But you're right mate it's a bit of a waste to pay so much attention to detail cleaning/waxing and then speed up the deterioration process by using something non-ph neutral, it's just something I'd not even considered.

I'm not gonna lie though I'm gonna use the rest of the demon foam (think you only get 6/7 washed out of it anyway) and then switch to that citrus stuff. I'll just have to make sure I check and top up the wax if necessary before I switch! :smile:

Blimey that is a surprise to read Syer. Ive not visited DW for quite a while but them guys go through so many cycles of what they say washes a car better and what doesnt lol... In a few years time they will be back to snow foam....

Fashion Chris ? Maybe.....

I find a pre-wash applied via pump or spray-gun attached to a hose followed by a jet-wash or powerful hose off does just aswell as a snow-foam in removing the majority of the crud before touching the paintwork.

Granted - doesn't look or feel as good and doesnt catch the neighbours attention like a snow-foam !

I just assumed that anything used for cleaning a car would be safe to the paintwork/wax etc...

2PxY1Mem.jpg

I'm going to assume that picture in the red diamond means that it's definitely not PH neutral :tearsofjoy:

But you're right mate it's a bit of a waste to pay so much attention to detail cleaning/waxing and then speed up the deterioration process by using something non-ph neutral, it's just something I'd not even considered.

I'm not gonna lie though I'm gonna use the rest of the demon foam (think you only get 6/7 washed out of it anyway) and then switch to that citrus stuff. I'll just have to make sure I check and top up the wax if necessary before I switch! :smile:

Choice is yours. You can always top-up your wax with a quick detailer to build up some 'sacrificial layers' in the mean-time........... Ten times quicker to apply than 'old school' wax layers too.

The nut-jobs amongst us even use a PH friendly screen-wash........