Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

Thinking about going with a more white theme for my interior... considering spraying the tweeter and speaker grills and the trim that surrounds the gear gaitor.

Thoughts? :smiley:

I'd stick with the oe look personally . Have you seen it done on another car ?

Remember Dale that mods are all about the personal touch - they're what you want in the car and what would enhance it in your eyes. That's not to discredit people's opinions and of course you asked for them, however you can't please everyone, so go with what you would like to see :smiley:

Remember Dale that mods are all about the personal touch - they're what you want in the car and what would enhance it in your eyes. That's not to discredit people's opinions and of course you asked for them, however you can't please everyone, so go with what you would like to see :smiley:

+1

I'll also add - go subtle at first and add stuff that's cheap and easy to revert back to standard.

Its easy to add more later, but a pain in the butt to subtract it if you go in full-bore and hate it !!

Reactions: Jimmy

I'm such an indecisive person though, I never know what I want! :tearsofjoy:

+1

I'll also add - go subtle at first and add stuff that's cheap and easy to revert back to standard.

Its easy to add more later, but a pain in the butt to subtract it if you go in full-bore and hate it !!

Yeah this is a really good point mate! I'll start subtle and work my way up :smiley:

Going to spray gear gaitor trim first and see if I like it.

I sprayed my gear surround, speaker surrounds, wheel insert, and dash trims GW, and then went slightly different and got my centre console and 3 vent plastics dipped in a white carbon! Stands out well too..

ba6162d4767376d78a8eab2025b8cefe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sprayed my gear surround, speaker surrounds, wheel insert, and dash trims GW, and then went slightly different and got my centre console and 3 vent plastics dipped in a white carbon! Stands out well too..

ba6162d4767376d78a8eab2025b8cefe.jpg

Hmm centre console is a bit much for me, but I like gear surround and vent surrounds.

How did you get the outer edge of the speaker grills white, it's all one piece isn't it?

Hmm centre console is a bit much for me, but I like gear surround and vent surrounds.

How did you get the outer edge of the speaker grills white, it's all one piece isn't it?

Just pop the the lot out and there's 3 clips holding the surround on each one mate :smile:

Cleaning day today!

Ran out of daylight as started quite late in the day, but managed to give her a full wash, a lot of attention to detail and then I clayed her completely!

Having being my first time claying I was a little nervous, didn't want to damage my paintwork but it's surprisingly easy and the difference when running your finger along the paintwork before and after, it now feels like glass it's amazing!

Here's a few shots after cleaning and claying!

SSxLLoI.jpg

FzLUvV3.jpg

C9IkXkB.jpg

I've never seen the car have such good reflections... on the downside I think I'm now well and truly addicted to detailing!

Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to attempt a bit of scratch repair to get rid of a few scratches I've spotted here and there, and I've got an exact match paint repair kit for a few deeper scratches so we'll see how that turns out! And then finish it off with a layer of wax :smiley:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Plenty of lube !!

Was the Clay 'hard' on a cold day like today.....and pictured ?

REALLY good reflections for White. Well done buddy. What wax you going for ?

***Is your rear tyre / wall cracking up ?

***Is your rear tyre / wall cracking up ?[/QUOTE

I thought the same thing it does looks like it from the pictures . I have the same tyres on the rear of my clio and they are well and truly cracking up .

The paint work looks spot on mate .

Reactions: Dystant
Plenty of lube !!

Was the Clay 'hard' on a cold day like today.....and pictured ?

REALLY good reflections for White. Well done buddy. What wax you going for ?

***Is your rear tyre / wall cracking up ?

Yeah the clay was a pain in the arse! Kept going very hard because of the cold, had to knead it a lot to keep it soft. In retrospect I'll probably leave it until summer next time but oh well, live and learn and all that!

Wax I've got is 'Farelca G3 Super Gloss Paste wax', the reviews look really good. Unfortunately I've never waxed before so I won't have anything to compare it to.

Yeah both rear tyre walls are cracking unfortunately. I am going to replace them as soon as I can... it's a shame too because there's loads of tread on them :worried:

Reactions: sevenfourate
***Is your rear tyre / wall cracking up ?[/QUOTE

I thought the same thing it does looks like it from the pictures . I have the same tyres on the rear of my clio and they are well and truly cracking up .

The paint work looks spot on mate .

Contisport Contact 3's ?