Dealers (Warranty Job)

Glenn_Adam_Doble

Winner - POTM May 2018, June 2018
Platinum Member
a couple of days ago my high level brake light went dim on my GT, so i decided to take it into the shop to get it done under warranty,

when i turned up and told them what was up straight away they were like bulbs aren't covered under warranty,

i told them it wasn't the bulbs as they were all dim and it comes as a unit,

they didn't even know the GT existed they thought i was talking about the GT line without the spoiler,

so anyway the bloke comes outside with me and has a look and he was yep it needs replacing but we'll need to take the spoiler of,

so i booked it in for 8 this morning got up at the crack of dawn freezing cold using two cars to go there as it needed to be left with them,

only to receive a phone call at ten to ten saying they cant do it it needs to be booked into the body shop as its bonded on to the boot,

i was like didn't the bloke pick up on this when he had a look at it outside the other day,

what most annoyed me is i got up early to take it in and they didn't but it in till an hour and a half later they should of just told me to come in later,

they are known for not having a clue anyway, my brothers GT developed a strong vibration the went right through the car more than the usual diesel rumble,

so took that in and i think the gaffa came out thought he knew it all and with out any real inspection said yeah your engine mounts need replacing it was evident that there was nothing wrong but we thought put it in anyway seeing though the bill is on them for warranty,

so we went for the booked date and a young mechy comes out and asks what the problem is and straight away he diagnosed it as a broken dual mass flywheel all he did was put his hand on the car when it was switched on,

so to more annoyance they said it wasn't booked in for long enough that day and would have to make a longer appointment on another day,

just seems like all they do is just mess people about, waste time and fuel

Named and Shamed: Evans Halsaw Renault, Middlesbrough

anyone eles messed about by dealers ?

Evans at Middlesbrough are crap!got a quote to fit some springs,after keeping me on the phone for about a year the said they will fit them at a cost of £230 then after i said i have my own H&R springs they said they carnt fit them!they only use renault parts.If i need to use a local renault dealer i use tones hartleypool much better service.

some dealers are just not switched on....

they only seemed interested in the easy jobs! ie services and mots....

a few extra minutes on a proper diagnosis saves a fortune for the customer and in the long term is better for the dealer...but do they do it...seems they dont :001_rolleyes:

Evans Halshaw Fords in Poole Dorset, exactly the same mate.

I bought a Mk 6 Fiesta Zetec-S from them, used but with 2 years warrenty still remaining.

After I had the car 18 months it over heated on the motorway, and the head gasket went. I took it to the Garage to be fixed under warrenty, the head was so badly damaged from warping due to the heat, it had a new head etc etc

I got the car back after it was fixed, drove it 10 miles down the road and it over-heated again. I took it back to the dealer and asked them wtf was going on.

Long and the short, I had a water pump failure, but for reasons completely unknown to me, they changed the Head, Cambelt (which I paid for) but overlooked the fact that the reason my head gasket went in the first place was because the water pump had failed. They didn't change it, so back had to go the car again for another new gasket and replacement water pump....planks of wood, useless idiots!

Evans Halshaw Fords in Poole Dorset, exactly the same mate.

I bought a Mk 6 Fiesta Zetec-S from them, used but with 2 years warrenty still remaining.

After I had the car 18 months it over heated on the motorway, and the head gasket went. I took it to the Garage to be fixed under warrenty, the head was so badly damaged from warping due to the heat, it had a new head etc etc

I got the car back after it was fixed, drove it 10 miles down the road and it over-heated again. I took it back to the dealer and asked them wtf was going on.

Long and the short, I had a water pump failure, but for reasons completely unknown to me, they changed the Head, Cambelt (which I paid for) but overlooked the fact that the reason my head gasket went in the first place was because the water pump had failed. They didn't change it, so back had to go the car again for another new gasket and replacement water pump....planks of wood, useless idiots!

so the fault didnt appear when it was tested after being put back together....:huh: