Door Seal fallen off

Hi all. Just had my door seals replaced as they were split, had this done yesterday got up this morning and opened the door and it just fell off :@! So now got to be booked back in, this happened to anyone else?

This exact thing happened to me, ther excuse was we don't fit them another company does. Sorted now tho after going back. How hard can it be to fit them.

This exact thing happened to me, ther excuse was we don't fit them another company does. Sorted now tho after going back. How hard can it be to fit them.

Its supposably a window out job to do them properly.

I didn't want my local dealer to remove the window to replace mine so i bought the seal and did it myself without taking the window out.

A bit fiddly to remove the adhesive residue left behind but thats the secret in getting the new ones to stick properly.

Its supposably a window out job to do them properly.

I didn't want my local dealer to remove the window to replace mine so i bought the seal and did it myself without taking the window out.

A bit fiddly to remove the adhesive residue left behind but thats the secret in getting the new ones to stick properly.

That what dealer told me last year about the door seal problem, have to take the window out to stick on well. I told them forget it!
So when down halfords to get strong sticker tape and then it work.

dont talk to me about door seals, I'm currently trying to get the paint repaired on our car after some useless glass company scratch it taking the windows out :worried:

yep mine keeps falling off after I had it replaced, will get it looked at later this month

This is why I don’t want to touch mine; can it let water into the cabin if left?

Mine has not totally separated yet but it is full off cracks.

Look like Renault still use shocking quality rubber seals, had the sun roof on my 2004 Clio that leaked water, had to take the whole thing out and the seals were totally perished.

Just been out and had a play around with it...seems to be stuck now.

Hoping it comes off again before saturday so i can go in, get a new one then fit that myself.

Just got back from the dealers and both are stuck back on properly. Spoke to the head technician and he said he wouldnt recommend taking the window out, just spend some time making sure the glass is completely clean before applying the new seal.