Door Seal fallen off

Had it stuck on properly this morning.

Lad said it was a common thing and they'll known them fall off before. So to fix this they use an outside company who come and bond it on with some stronger adhesive. I can happily say now its going no where!!!

Does "door seal", in this case(thread), refer to the seal on the b-pillar attached to the rear side window?

If so:

This is by no means used for sealing against water. It´s used for reducing wind noises. Had it cut out myself the moment it teared apart. Didn´t notice a difference worth mentioning. Saved weight as well :lol:

Had two d
one this year, and guess what its booked in again for two more.they just don't stick. Fell off this time,not split.

Sitting in Renault southend for 2hr so far just for seals to fitted.this place is doing my head in.muppets, the lot of them.

mine is in for a service on wednesday and they are looking at this again

windows coming out to fit the stupid little seal that runs along the front edge of the rear drivers side window. The original split, the replacement keeps falling off. Hope they re-fit the window correctly, although I can think of a better way which doesnt involve removing the window
confused.gif

windows coming out to fit the stupid little seal that runs along the front edge of the rear drivers side window. The original split, the replacement keeps falling off. Hope they re-fit the window correctly, although I can think of a better way which doesnt involve removing the window
confused.gif

just hope they dont damage your paintwork.........

having another one done in the morning,only fell off again.another few hrs in renault southend.this will be five.cant beleive it.

better do it yourself or wasting time going back to dealer.

did mine myself early this year and no more problem so far.

Well after 3 weeks the passenger seal has fallen off again. Off to get some sticky gel tomorrow to do it myself. Hopefully wont budge then.

being replaced onder warranty no questions asked

this was my dealers response but they have no bodywork dept so i took it to St Helens Arnold Clarke and they said they've never heard of this so i've got a meeting with a Reno tech on monday to argue the toss. one excuse was wear and tear the other was it might have been caused by the seatbelt!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone know how much they cost as from what i've read on here i'm better doing it myself.

My drivers door seal has split at last (!) so I will remove it as best I can and try to bond a new one myself. What do people recommend as an adhesive to fit the seal with? I don't want to damage either the seal or the paintwork! :-( Also, how easy is it the remove the residue from the split seal? [I bet you don't get this on a 3-year old 30,000 mile Lexus!?!]

Ye, my drivers door one fell off after they fitted a new pair. The passenger side was ok though???????? When I took it to the body shop to have some paintwork done they refitted it for me and it is well stuck now. Haven't had a good look at how they've done it, but it looks like it's been packed out from the other side? Might just be some better adhesive.